Project Manager (34073)
Amentum is seeking a Project Manager for our operations & maintenance team.
The facility maintenance Project Manager is fully responsible for internal and external facility projects. Manages the projects and completes tasks to the satisfaction of the client, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements. Plans, coordinates and supervises activities and distributes workload to maintain productivity and quality objectives. Interfaces with the client to ensure customer satisfaction.
Adds support to maintenance teams with development of strategies that help create processes and programs able to sustain low operating costs and improve asset reliability. Proactively identifies potential project problems or opportunities and analyzes the issues, using all appropriate resources, to develop the optimum approach to mitigating problems and/or exploiting opportunities. Identifies opportunities, perform root cause analysis, and develop reliability standards associated with proprietary machine tools and testing equipment.
In addition, this position is responsible for all basic management responsibilities including, but not limited to staffing and development, evaluation and recognition, leadership, and subcontractor relations. Researches and formulates related policies and procedures to ensure all associated administrative procedures are current and audit ready. Coordinates and monitors the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Utilizes strong organizational and problem-solving skills and creative thinking to introduce and manage change in order to achieve continuous improvement.
• Demonstrates leadership by example and shows integrity and candor in all actions.
• Works proactively to identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyzes these issues using appropriate resources, and develops and implements optimum alternatives.
• Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
• Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
• Clearly understands Amentum scope of work and contract requirements for the area of responsibility.
• Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
• Supports Amentum management as the designated Amentum agent for all discussions and negotiations with customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, facilities management, or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Four years of experience in progressively responsible facilities projects and maintenance activities and:
• Two + years of experience in supervisory or technical roles related to Facilities Management or Industrial Operations & Maintenance. Industry experience must be in a manufacturing, large commercial, or logistics distribution environment.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position will require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
• Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
• Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
• Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
• Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
• Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
• Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
• Ten years of experience in a leadership position demonstrating the ability to analyze Production Maintenance related problems (i.e. Electrical, Controls, Automation, Robotics, Mechanical); then recognize and determine solutions for resolution. This includes but is not limited to; opportunities for improved asset reliability, improved quality results, safer work conditions, and lower maintenance cost, and improved work plans to increase efficiency.
• Experience managing a multi-skilled workforce to deliver positive results.
• Experience utilizing Continuous Improvement disciplines such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 4 M’s, etc.
• Experience creating metrics and data mining for driving performance results
• Experience in creating Power Point presentation and giving presentation in front of large audiences
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on the ability to navigate and formulate within Excel and Access
• General working knowledge of industrial facility maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Experience in new business start-ups.
• Other Attributes:
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.