Sr. Auditor/Audit Manager- CAS (794010800)
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: 08/16/2021
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: $64,600 - $97,300
Corporate Audit Services (CAS) provides independent, objective assurance, risk identification and mitigation, and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the BNSF community. CAS performs its duties by attracting a talented, diverse staff. CAS provides a rich and broad development opportunity for individuals looking to understand how BNSF works from BNSF leadership, throughout the life cycle of operations, technology, and finance aspects. Our work covers all areas of BNSF’s corporate governance including how our underlying values, standards, processes and risks shape our business operations, decisions and ultimately the performance of the company. Our auditors have the opportunity to work across the company on a range of topics of company significance and can expect to interact with various leaders including senior leaders in BNSF.
At BNSF, Safety is a core value of how we do business. Each and every day, our employees are committed to approach one another about safety, which is key in realizing our vision. Employees are also expected to comply with company and federal safety & health regulations, safety rules & policies, as well as procedures that guide work practices to reduce risk to exposure. Such work practices include but are not limited to wearing required safety equipment, responding to safety concerns, and taking appropriate actions in the event of an emergency.
This position is responsible for the development and management of risk assessments and audits focusing on operations, IT, and financial areas of BNSF. Key responsibilities include:
- Development, management and evaluation of the appropriateness of the system of internal controls.
- Evaluating compliance to BNSF / Federal rules and regulations.
- Effectively develop strategies to minimize risk in the areas we audit.
- Developing and coaching staff in audit methodologies ensuring up-to-date standards are maintained.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for this position. This is not an exhaustive list of the position’s duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum three years of accounting/finance, IT, operations or related experience.
- MBA, CPA, CISA, CIA or another applicable certification(s) is a plus.
- In-charge level audit experience, either public or private.
- Detail oriented, conscientious, self-starter, having the ability to successfully balance multiple projects and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (at all levels) with an ability to build strong, positive relationships with business partners
- Experience managing projects using a project management methodology.
- Ability to apply project management techniques, analytical techniques, programming or system query techniques.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Compliance and Audit | Fort Worth, TX | 76131