EHS Manager (34360)
Responsible for the management and administration of safety field operations and programs to ensure a safe and compliant work environment to include modification of safety-related activities and plans to specific contracts in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Develop and maintain applicable safety and health procedures and practices in compliance with corporate, state, federal and local regulations and contract requirements.
• Promote the implementation of occupational safety programs, procedures and activities.
• Promote the current OSHA compliant culture throughout the organization.
• Facilitate safety process development, implementation, and compliance of all subcontracts.
• Manage safety audit program for field and construction locations to ensure compliance with various contractual, regulatory and company requirements.
• Participate and support integration at the site level to address site-related safety, quality, health and welfare to include environmental concerns.
• Provide guidance to managers and supervisors to assist in the interpretation and compliance of safety and health-related contract requirements.
• Coordinate field investigations for injury, property damage and vehicle incidents to ensure thorough investigations and appropriate root cause identification.
• Conduct special evaluations and internal safety and health field surveys/audits. Compile reports and findings of surveys and audits for review and makes corrective action recommendations and tracks to closure as required.
• Manage field and construction safety operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Health or Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering or a related role, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience in a safety professional role.
• In addition to education requirements, 10 years of experience in an occupational safety role.
• Working knowledge of safety in a facilities or production maintenance environment.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
• Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
• Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
• Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AMENTUM customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
• Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
• Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
• Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Current Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification.
• Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
• Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• Experience supporting multiple sites simultaneously.
• Experience effectively delivering training to multiple levels of personnel.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
• Experience using software to enter and interpret safety-related data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.