Senior Engagement Manager/Senior Product Manager - DAS Client & Workplace Experience (CMG) (54635)
- Understand customer needs and validate solutions: Act as the internal voice of the customer for the Program and works with customers and Product Owners to constantly understand and communicate their needs and participate in the validation of the proposed solutions.
- Understand and support portfolio work: Take responsibility to understand the budget for the upcoming fiscal period, understand how Strategic Themes influence the strategic direction, and work with Epic Owners to develop the Lean business case for Epics that affect their Program.
- Continuously develop and communicate vision to the development teams: In collaboration with System and Solution Architect/Engineering, they define and maintain the Features and Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs) to help ensure that the solution meets relevant standards and other system quality requirements. Responsible for the roadmap, which illustrates, at a high level, how features are intended to be implemented over time.
- Manage and prioritize the flow of work: Manage the flow of work through the program Kanban and into the program backlog. Responsible for making sure that there are enough features ready in the backlog at all times, including Feature acceptance criteria that can be used to establish that it meets its Definition of Done (DoD). Ensures the backlog is reprioritized before each Program Increment (PI) Planning session.
- Participate in Program Increment planning: Present the vision, which highlights the proposed features of the solution, along with any relevant upcoming Milestones. Participate and collaborate with Business Owners for the train, with the responsibility of approving Objectives and establishing business value.
- Define releases and program increments: Responsible for release definition, including new features, architecture, and allocations for technical debt. Defines the series of Program Increments and releases, whose definition and business objectives are also determined by collaboration with Business Owners and others on the Product Management team. Work with release management and Business Owners to decide when enough value has been accrued to warrant a release to the customer.
- Work with System Architect/Engineering to understand Enabler work: Responsible to understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and to work with System and Solution Architect/Engineering establish a capacity allocation for technical work, and to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Participate in demos and Retrospective meetings: Be an active participant in biweekly System Demos, including the aggregate one at the end of the PI. Participate in the assessment of Metrics, including evaluation of business value achieved versus plan, and are actively participate in the inspect and adapt workshop
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires .
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large web/enterprise applications needed.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience interfacing with external software design and development vendors preferred.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Experience managing both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum of 10 years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions. Experience managing Agile/Scrum projects a plus.
- 3+ years' experience with Azure and AWS cloud platform technologies
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET or SAP application development is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus and have vivid passion for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects and clients; keeps product owners focused on short- and long-term milestones.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work productively with all levels in a large organization
- Leading SAFe or other Scaled Agile certifications a plus.
- Regularly be required to manage large budgets while interacting with offshore teams and make decisions regarding team structure and size, using upper management for continuous input and support.
- Continuous management of project scope and customer expectations, determining best path to on-time delivery, and often negotiating complex timelines.
- Understand customer need through constant interaction with the customer, including end-user interviews and surveys, brainstorming, trade studies and market research.
- Document requirements that include a high-level vision, constant product and backlog refinement and informal direct communication with teams.
- Responsible to create a schedule of continuous near-term road mapping.
- Prioritize requirements by taking an economic view at every PI boundary and performing a continuous scope triage.
- Validate requirements by attending PI demos and validating acceptance criteria and fitness for purpose.
- Manage the delivery schedule through frequent releases whenever there is enough value to the business.
- Manage changing business requirements, timelines, and needs through consistent adjustment during Program Increment and Iteration boundaries.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Travel up to 5% (While 5% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)