Manager, Quality Engineering - Integrated Manufacturing (R457238)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Why regulatory affairs/quality assurance at Stryker?
Are you interested in working for a global company where you can work across functions and on a wide-variety of projects? As a member of Stryker's RA/QA team, that is exactly what you will do! Here, we provide our Regulatory Affairs team the opportunity to learn new things, as well as endless growth opportunities.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 10 reasons to join our Regulatory Affairs team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/10-reasons-to-join-strykers-regulatory-affairs-team
Who we want
- Quality-focused team drivers. People who push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner.
- Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget.
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
- Effective communicators. People who regularly share relevant status updates and effectively articulate issues and recommendations to stakeholders and senior management.
What you will do
As an Manager, Quality Engineering - Integrated Manufacturing you will be responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing, and maintaining Quality Assurance systems and QA improvement projects for operations. In this role you will role will support the operations of Stryker Kalamazoo Integrated Manufacturing including machining and assembly.
- You will develop, coordinate, implement, and maintain QA systems for production
- You will design and/or implement methods and procedures for inspection testing and evaluate the precision and reliability of products and/or components and production and/or test equipment.
- You will prepare documentation for inspection/testing procedures.
- You will work with customers, suppliers, and cross functional partners to solve reliability issues and/or answer general product questions.
- You will mentor and train others in QA/GMP related improvements or changes.
- You will analyze reports and/or return products and recommend corrective action.
- You will coordinate the activities of Quality Control Inspectors, Technicians and/or Quality Engineers.
- You will evaluate the performance of the team based on pre-established performance parameters.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or related discipline required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience required
- 4+ in engineering, regulated manufacturing or similar environment
- 2+ years’ experience within RA/QA function and Supervisor experience
- Ability to generate and explain detailed proposals, guidelines, and procedures for the QA functions to departmental and/or non-departmental personnel.
- Ability to analyze and resolve non-routine product issues using independent judgment preferred
- Ability to routinely make decisions that affect immediate operations and may have a company-wide effect preferred.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com