Sr Manager - Stakeholder Outreach and Communications (55726)
- Lead outreach to internal leaders of Deloitte's client-facing businesses and leaders of our administrative functions to help them realize their Business Diversity spend goals
- Develop supplier plans to help Deloitte's client-facing business leaders and leaders of our administrative functions achieve their Business Diversity goals
- Develop strategies to identify and recruit suppliers to incorporate into Deloitte's supplier plans
- Lead outreach to external stakeholders such as The National Minority Supplier Development Council, the US Chamber of Commerce, suppliers, and other targeted external stakeholders
- Finalize Stakeholder Outreach and Communications Strategy
Develop and Manage Communications
- Collaborate with Deloitte's National DEI office to develop and manage internal messaging, messages to industry groups (e.g. NMSDC, Black Chamber of Commerce, etc.) and suppliers
- Develop and execute plans for Deloitte participation in targeted regional and national conferences or other events focused on Business Diversity
- Collaborate with Deloitte's National DEI office and Deloitte's Communications team to develop and manage messaging to targeted publications (e.g. Black Enterprise Magazine, Women in Business Magazine, Online WSJ, etc.)
- Develop and mentor more junior team members
- Provide guidance on staffing requirements based on existing and future expected activity
- Lead performance management and team-member retention activities
Drive Collaboration Across the Firm
- Foster strong relationships with other internal organizations to promote growth in spending with Diverse Suppliers
- Build cross-functional relationships across the organization
- Maintain alignment with complementary Deloitte initiatives involving DEI, sustainability, and procurement
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- A client-service mindset and a desire to take on tough and challenging projects. The scope and variety of work will change frequently depending on evolving priorities
- The ability to lead others to deliver quality work under tight timelines and shifting priorities
- A track record of advising senior leaders on a wide range of business issues; ability to seamlessly interact with Firm leaders and their project teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to filter through ambiguity but able to also execute on the details
- The ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- Superior project management, time management, and client relationship management skills
- The ability to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills with ability to "tell the story"
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills; able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- Self-confidence, diplomacy, poise, business judgment, maturity, discretion, and empathy
- An ability to work effectively across functions and levels; comfort collaborating with teammates in a virtual environment
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, finance, supply chain or technical field; advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of relevant work experience in client-facing or internal consultative roles
- Flexible work style.
- Some moderate travel (up to 10%) may be required given the expected leadership interactions and the hands-on nature of the work. While 10% of travel may be a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- A US-based office location is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How you'll grow in the Business Diversity Office
Due to Business Diversity's specialized and focused mission, the office has senior-most visibility within the Firm, providing our team members with an incredible opportunity to work with senior executives. We nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities and believe that development has no ceiling.