Supply Chain Manager ( 573113-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Indirect Global Supply Chain Planning Manager will be responsible for day to day operational results, strategic direction, and overall analytics for the indirect agent channel. Specific functions include supply planning, CPFR processes, review & interpret forecasts, agent management and collaboration with internal partners like Device Marketing, Indirect Operations and other cross functional teams. This position will need to interpret upcoming marketing shifts and anticipate their impacts. The ability to interpret data, make decisions and implement change will be essential.
This position will be an agent for change; leading cross-functional teams within various internal and external organizations, ensuring best practices are introduced and followed. Processes will be geared towards impacting the S&OP process by maintaining adequate weeks of supply targets while minimizing the impact to working capital. This leader will utilize strong data analytics to drive strategic collaboration and decisions with the indirect agent channel. You will be responsible for successfully leading multiple high profile projects simultaneously, while having responsibility for decision-making and process implementation. You will be asked to identify areas of opportunity, as well as create and implement solutions that drive benefits to Verizon. You will be the catalyst for driving continuous improvement while leading the day to day operations. This is a high impact, highly visible, multi-market position in the Supply Chain organization.
- Apply advanced analytic techniques to understand and optimize the Supply Chain inventory levels.
- Validate SKU optimization and inventory optimization analytics for strategic long term planning in collaboration with indirect agents.
- Validate agent forecast accuracy metrics and communicate results accordingly.
- Action SKU optimization analytics to determine store stocking strategy.
- Create and manage the monthly inventory overstock and obsolescence reporting for inventory accounting.
- Manage Demand Planning/forecasting with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Cross Functional collaboration with product managers and forecasting team.
- Strategically push out/pull in inventory to agent due to market conditions, promotions or any other factors that would influence the demand plan.
- Collaborate with product managers and agent on strategic planning for life cycle management (EOL, bid sale, RMA inventory).
- Performance manage agent obligations regarding purchase forecast, days on hand, service level reporting and discrepancy resolution.
- Collaborate with indirect agent on New Product Introductions (NPI) and Launch Planning.
- Effectively communicate Supply Health to indirect agents and actions plans to alleviate at risk items during weekly collaboration meetings.
- Execute on inventory improvement initiatives with a focus in Supply Planning, Inventory Optimization, CPFR processes and S&OP processes.
- Lead initiatives by collaborating with our agents to reduce working capital.
- Influence indirect agents to hold optimal inventory by implementing the above projects.
- Utilize supply chain planning system (IBP) to run weekly buy plans to be shared with agent partners.
- Perform weekly inventory valuation and projection utilizing system tools and templates
- Analyze like-for-like agent and retail stores to assess optimal SKU count and quantities for agent partner.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant Supply Chain work experience.
- Supply Planning experience.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Willingess to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in Collaborative Planning Forecasting & Replenishment (CPFR) processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage inventory improvement initiatives with a focus in Supply Planning, Inventory Optimization, CPFR processes, and S&OP processes.
- Leadership - Highly developed leadership skills and the proven ability to engage, influence, and develop collaborative partnerships with internal and external partners.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to understand and think strategically and implement long term plans in parallel to day to day supply management, can handle both long term and short term goals simultaneously.
- Project Management - Ability to meet deadlines; manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, and team-oriented work environment.
- Problem Solving - Strong problem solver with ability to resolve conflicts, assertive, good in both written and oral communications with ability to create and deliver executive presentations.
- Process Improvement – Ability to drive continuous improvement; make recommendations for and lead change initiatives around policies, procedures and processes that will improve Supply Chain effectiveness.
- Data Analysis Experience – proficient in Excel with the ability to apply advanced analytic techniques such as optimization, simulation, data mining and statistics to design, implement, validate and refine mathematical models and algorithms to understand and optimize supply chain.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.