Contract Manager ( 580098-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We seek an experienced, customer-centric Contract Manager to join our team to draft proposals and contracts for global technology opportunities within the Legal Department. You are expected to fulfill a variety of functions.
- Draft and revise wide variety of Wireline and Wireless contracts with enterprise customers, including service agreements and amendments, non-disclosure agreements, statements of work, security requirements and ancillary legal documents. Use templates, fallbacks, subject matter expert approvals, and assistance from counsel as necessary.
- Manage high volume of proposal and contract drafting requests.
- Navigate through various internal systems to ensure that contract documents are properly generated and recorded, turned around in a timely manner, and appropriately distributed to downstream organizations.
- Participate in select customer-facing negotiations and otherwise assist Verizon counsel involved in the broader customer-facing negotiations.
- Edit documents in real-time on BlueJeans/WebEx or similar platform and manage document version control.
- Liaise with counterparts in Sales, Finance, Operations, Engineering and with other subject matter experts (e.g. regulatory, tax) to ensure approvals are obtained to support contract positions.
- Analyze legal positions (including regulatory and tax guidance) in context of technology solution.
- Interface with sales clients regarding legal and business matters arising from Verizon service agreements, consulting with counsel as necessary.
- Provide advice and guidance to Sales on system generation of contract documents.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with clients, legal colleagues and other internal stakeholders, and ensure that the clients’ legal needs are satisfied.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and ability to apply principles of contracting to drafting within parameters set by the Legal Department.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s Certificate in Contract Management or Paralegal degree.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels and exercise sound decision-making.
- Attention to detail, with accurate input and proofreading skills.
- Business acumen and /effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent experience helpful.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office, Word).
- Experience using G-Suite.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal groups to quickly achieve common goals.
- Knowledge of telecommunications, technology industry or outsourcing arrangements.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours to complete assigned matters under deadline.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.