Manager, Application Architecture - DAS Project Omnia (51971)
- Architect, design, implement world-class products and solutions. Develop functional architecture design and contribute to product vision
- Manage clients, complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations
- Transforms detailed requirements into a complete, detailed systems design document
- Supports creation of interface specifications and call flows for the various components in the design
- Provide inputs to create Agile user stories based on marketing business requirements
- Provide technical support for analysis of business requirements and applicability to the current or planned Platform/Enabler/API Platform capabilities
- Participate in E2E functionality assessment during Validation Testing phases (SIT, UAT)
- Experience with technical programming; capable of managing and overseeing teams designing, programming and implementing various technical solutions
- Serve as a technical liaison between the business, project team and developers/testers
- Work with IT infrastructure teams to deploy and maintain applications
- See projects through to completion and meet commitments regardless of obstacles.
- Insatiable appetite for learning new development techniques and technologies
- Common sense approach to weighing constraints vs business drivers
- Courage to stand up for what is right for our product, team, department and company
- Motivated by mentoring others through technical and professional growth
- Willingness to maintain a positive attitude regardless of external factors
- Can handle the rush of each software change impacting 100's of 1000's of real people every day
- Curiosity to understand "why" we build the features we choose
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires .
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Experience/institutional knowledge developing Project Omnia
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Unified Modeling Language (UML), stateless distributed architectures, and designing for scalability and performance, especially within, .Net, HTML5/CSS3, and WCF technologies.
- Clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), its principles, and patterns at enterprise level.
- Experience in data modeling techniques and knowledge and applicability of various normal forms.
- Experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross-platform architectures driven towards mobility.
- Experience with architecting mobile enterprise solutions based on REST web services.
- Experience in developing of IT architecture plans and software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET Framework development techniques
- Microsoft .Net, ASP.NET Web API and complementary business layer and front-end technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies.
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Strong experience with Azure (Amazon and other cloud providers is a plus)
- Strong experience with PaaS services; understands leading practices and adoption patterns.
- TOGAF or SEI - Software Architecture Certification etc.,
- Exposure to BI Tools - like Tableau, PowerBI, Qliksense and DI Tools like Informatica etc.,
- Experience working with SAFe or Agile development processes.
- Experience with Angular
- Electronic commerce, EDI, B2B architectures
- Messaging architectures SOAP and REST with JSON text encoding.
- Usage of automated build and/or unit testing and integration systems
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Experience with Microsoft and Apple frameworks, with extensive knowledge of technical design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations.
- Leadership skills to indirectly lead cross-functional teams towards common solutions.