Manager, Application Architecture (52398)
- Architect, design, implement world-class products and solutions. Develop functional architecture design and contribute to product vision
- Manage clients, complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations
- Supports creation of interface specifications and call flows for the various components in the design
- Provide technical support for analysis of business requirements and applicability to the current or planned Platform/Enabler/API Platform capabilities
- Participate in E2E functionality assessment during Validation Testing phases (SIT, UAT)
- Experience with technical programming; capable of managing and overseeing teams designing, programming and implementing various technical solutions
- Serve as a technical liaison between the business, project team and developers/testers
- Guide and lead the development teams on implementation and improving the platform and solutions
- Drive recommendations for business prioritization, roadmaps, and product improvements
- Design efficient, secure, adaptable, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions that include Azure infrastructure and platform services (data, networking, application)
- Embrace the DevOps way of working for continuous delivery and self-healing systems
- Partner with Cyber and Security to ensure security controls are embedded into the architecture/designs
- Create proof-of-concepts to demonstrate feasibility of new ideas and innovations
- Lead project deliverables across multiple work-streams and guide projects with high quality and engineering discipline
- Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Common sense approach to weighing constraints vs business drivers
- Courage to stand up for what is right for our product, team, department and company
- Motivated by mentoring others through technical and professional growth
- Willingness to maintain a positive attitude regardless of external factors
- Can handle the rush of each software change impacting 100's of 1000's of real people every day
- Curiosity to understand "why" we build the features we choose
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires .
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Unified Modeling Language (UML), stateless distributed architectures, and designing for scalability and performance, especially within, .Net, HTML5/CSS3, and WCF technologies.
- Azure thought-leadership with a proven record of designing and delivering high-volume, highly-scalable and performant solutions on large-scale globally distributed systems
- Strong experience with Azure (Amazon and other cloud providers is a plus)
- Strong experience with PaaS services; understands leading practices and adoption patterns.
- Strong experience with IaaS, such as Microsoft SQL Server and database administration (e.g. Always On)
- Strong experience with networking, firewalls, load-balancers in Azure and on-premise.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and continuous integration tools, such as VSTS, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Experience automating the provisioning and automation of your architectures and solutions (i.e. Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), its principles, and patterns at enterprise level.
- Experience in data modeling techniques and knowledge and applicability of various normal forms.
- Experience in developing of IT architecture plans and software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET Framework development techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- TOGAF or SEI - Software Architecture Certification etc.,
- Exposure to BI Tools - like Tableau, PowerBI, Qliksense and DI Tools like Informatica etc.,
- Experience working with SAFe or Agile development processes.
- Messaging architectures SOAP and REST with JSON text encoding.
- Experience with Microsoft and Apple frameworks, with extensive knowledge of technical design patterns and anti-patterns.
- Microsoft .Net, ASP.NET Web API and complementary business layer and front-end technologies.
- Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations.
- Leadership skills to indirectly lead cross-functional teams towards common solutions.