Senior Manager Penetration Testing ( 579609-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Managing Penetration Testing professional should be very proficient in vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, Red Team assessments, and professionally relaying technical vulnerabilities and their impact to technical and non-technical customers. The consultant would be responsible for scoping and managing various penetration testing assessments for Verizon’s enterprise customers leading a team delivering the assessments. The assessments that would be delivered would either be remote or onsite at a customer location. For the managing of these assessments the consultant would telecommute from their home office and occasionally travel to customer locations for some pre-sale opportunities with strategic customers. The consultant should be comfortable identifying vulnerabilities, exploiting vulnerabilities, performing post-exploitation activities, and explaining the path to compromise to external and internal stakeholders. The consultant should have previous experience performing these activities manually and also leveraging automated tools. This position would also be a leader managing a team of consultants as well as other consultants assigned to projects/assessments that are assigned to this person’s assessments.
The Managing Consultant will manage a team of offensive security engineers and manage customer relationships as well as the following:
- Scoping customer requirements for security assessments and creating associated statements of work and pricing.
- Managing customer security assessments and reviewing deliverables and quality of work.
- Speaking with and giving presentations to customers, internal stakeholders, sales teams, and management about service offerings and other related topics.
- Participating and leading internal projects such as managing internal attack infrastructure and labs, development of internal toolsets and applications to support the team, and other related projects.
- Managing a team of offensive security engineers, mentoring junior consultants, and managing your teams Key Performance Indicators such as utilization, revenue, and other areas.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in performing one or more of the following: network, application, mobile application, and wireless penetration testing
- Good knowledge of network, application, and wireless security testing to include using tools, manual testing, and various testing techniques.
- Experience talking to various customers and scoping out our customer needs.
- Good technical writing skills are required for producing a draft statement of works as well as reviewing and editing technical reports.
- Experience leading other consultants as a direct manager or as a leader of a team on a penetration testing assessment.
- Willingness to travel up to 15%.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Eight or more years of experience in performing one or more of the following: network, application, mobile application, and wireless penetration testing.
- Certification: OSCP/CEH/OSWP/OSCE/OSEE/OSWE/CISSP
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.