Communications Manager ( 580896-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Irvine CA, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
The Manager of Employee Communications and PR will be responsible for the development, design, and execution of internal communications strategies and activities for Visible, and will be tasked with assisting in external communications efforts. We are looking for a creative, dynamic, and effective communications leader who can oversee internal employee communications and branding, and be equally strong in PR efforts including media relations (ability to secure print, online, and broadcast press coverage) and executive thought leadership (narrative building for executives, ability to secure speaking engagements and award nominations).
- Be responsible for the development and distribution of Visible’s strategic communications across multiple mediums (written, video, audio, in-person, social media, etc.) that influence and engage our internal audiences.
- Generate awareness, excitement, and engagement for company priorities, product, and service launches.
- Work closely with the leadership team and communications colleagues to understand key priorities and focus areas and ensure all communications plans are aligned.
- Work with communications colleagues to pitch Visible initiatives to media.
- Storytelling and crafting a compelling narrative, both internally and externally.
What we’re looking for...
You’re wildly creative and see what others cannot. You’re bold. You’re willing to take big risks, to reap even bigger rewards. You’re a passionate leader and team builder. You have a knack for identifying and developing talent, and an eye for future leaders. You’re entrepreneurial. You love trying new things, and being challenged in new ways. Flexible, collaborative and proactive - a team leader who can lead both strategic and tactical initiatives.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience leading a team and working with C-level executives.
- Experience utilizing digital and social media channels to reach a specific audience.
- Experience using analytic and tracking tools for employee engagement.
Even better if you have:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to craft content in a variety of formats while conveying a consistent voice.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A strong sense of urgency, collaborative, proactive, and flexible; results oriented.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is understood by all audiences.
- Excellent collaboration skills and investment in the success of the team.
- Skilled at putting a laser focus on building an organization that not only meets, but exceeds, the needs of a rapidly scaling business and delivers measurable financial results.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and communication skills.
- High comfort level with ambiguity and fluidity and can make decisions in a rapidly changing environment, while achieving quality results.
- Agency experience.
- Technical marketing communications experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).