Manager, Device Financing Strategy and Credit ( 581417-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Irvine, CA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
The role of Manager, Device Financing Strategy and Credit will be responsible for developing, planning and executing all device financing activities. This role will require you to be the subject matter expert owning Visible’s device finance strategy. You will be the absolute subject matter expert in finding and adapting finance solutions that make the best devices obtainable to customers across all credit profiles. This is a full-time position and will report to the Associate Director of Device Strategy and Operations.
- Key stakeholder working with internal Visible Organizations such as; Business Development, Product Marketing and Marketing to launch all new financing activities.
- Lead credit profile and consumer credit segmentation, in partnership with Visible and Verizon finance stakeholders.
- Assess the effectiveness of device financing program and credit risk management.
- Establish new KPI’s surrounding device financing adoption, effectiveness and budget.
- Ability to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging credit risks applicable to all device pricing tiers.
- Champion changes and improvements to the customer experience related to device financing, working hand in hand with the CX team to ensure our financing flow and presentation is relatable and accessible to our customer.
What we’re looking for...
Analytical Prowess - Keen ability to analyze, interpret, and identify key data trends. Constantly looking for ways to optimize our financing options.
Technical Platform Familiarity - Experience in ecommerce backend platforms such as Salesforce Vlocity.
Consumer Product Planning - Our ideal candidate will have experience bringing the best products to happy customers. Understanding that hardware is merely a bridge to provide our customers the best plan in wireless.
Building Trusting Working Relationships - Using an appropriate interpersonal style to establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders; interacting in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in your intentions.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in Consumer Products, Retail Buying, Consumer Financing, or Consumer Marketing.
- Knowledge of consumer purchasing habits in an ecommerce D2C environment.
Even better if you have:
- Prior experience launching financing programs with Affirm, PayPal, Klarna, or any other major consumer financing program.
- Prior experience in launching in house financing to include: credit card programs in an ecommerce environment.
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and business goals.
- Project planning skills, with the ability to organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Proficient ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).