Senior Manager - Accounts Payable ( 577299-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position will report to our Director of Global Accounts Payable. As our Senior Manager of Employee Expense and Corporate Card Administration, you’ll be leading a team of employees and will be responsible for coordinating and managing multiple processes within our Global Accounts Payable organization.
- Managing day to day Global employee expense, corporate card administration, audits, policy enforcement, Concur administration, project management, systems support and help desk.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing direction to employees.
- Working closely with Accounts Payable management/staff, other Finance departments and Business operations groups within Verizon as well as managing the relationship and providing excellent customer service to Verizon’s vendors.
- Reviewing our policies and procedures with a strong focus on process improvement and streamlining opportunities.
- Supporting current and future Merger and Acquisition activity and incorporate into our existing Accounts Payable processes.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with SAP, PeopleSoft, or related ERP applications.
- Knowledge of Domestic and International Accounting.
- Knowledge of financial systems and accounting fundamentals.
- Knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable systems.
- Experience in establishing or enhancing business policies and process re-engineering.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt easily to new procedures, policies and systems.
- Active leadership –ability to partner with and influence various functional leaders across an organization.
- Quantitative analytical and problem-solving skills and comfortable in a data-driven business environment.
- Decision-making ability to drive strategic results.
- Demonstrated skill in crafting high-quality presentations for both internal and external use.
- Strategic thinking and ability to effectively formulate and communicate complex ideas.
- Results oriented, a strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work and interact with departments and multiple levels of management throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable systems with SAP and PeopleSoft experience.
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Two or more years of experience managing a large Global multi-product card program.
- Five or more years of experience managing a large, multi-national publicly traded organization with a team of ten or more employees.
- Certification such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Accounts Payable Professional, or Project Management Professional.
- Experience with Travel & Expense providers such as Concur.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business or related discipline.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).