Manager, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ( 581430-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Irvine CA, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
We are looking for a Manager to lead Visible’s SEO Strategy & Optimization. You will be a member of our dynamic eCommerce organization and will lead all SEO efforts covering both strategic and tactical, including technical SEO, content strategy, on-site SEO, link building and user experience. You will be a key member of our marketing team who is driving end-to-end plans for our rapidly-growing member base and will be a people leader. You will utilize your understanding of search engine optimization best practices and industry standards to ensure content (value prop, landing and product pages) are optimized to increase organic acquisition and search rankings.
- Be the strategic leader and owner for SEO efforts across Visible web properties.
- Collaborate with peer eCommerce leads and across marketing, product, media and engineering to build, develop and execute a scalable SEO strategy.
- Conduct (with your direct report) an in-depth SEO website audit, direct and implement SEO recommendations to include page structure, code, title tags, meta data, keywords, image labels and link research, and troubleshoot critical issues.
- Conduct testing methods in design, layout and copy to proactively increase exposure and improved positioning in SERP to drive traffic.
- Utilize all available data and define and analyze SEO KPIs and opportunities, quantify performance and monitor competitors -- formulate your strategy based on your analyses.
- Combine an understanding of content strategy with search engine and indexing behavior to collaborate with product, marketing and other content teams.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years of hands-on SEO experience either at an agency or in-house.
- Three or more years of experience as an SEO Manager or similar role, planning and implementing successful SEO strategies.Advanced proficiency with standard SEO tools, including Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, MOZ, SEMRush, or similar.
- Experience with Growth experimentation methodologies, attribution models and A/B testing.
- Ability to define structured plans, clear communication and foster collaboration to ensure timely delivery of work within a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in cross functional teams and with multiple stakeholders, technology, and data analytics team.
- Strong analytical skills for robust data driven decision making.
- Strong project management skills, the ability to define processes and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to communicate technical concepts for the broader organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).