Operations Process Manager (341894)
Operations Process Manager
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Centralized Operations Unit (COU) processes policy rating, policy and endorsement premium registration and issuance, regulatory filing and other transaction activities directly in support of Chubb Global Casualty (CGC) and Primary Construction Major Account Complex business.
- Manages team members’ work activities on a day-to-day basis. Prioritizes and ensures the accuracy of work products, answers questions and resolves problems, provides overall support to underwriting offices. Ensures accurate and timely product delivery. Operates within Major Accounts Complex COU’s established operational standards and practices.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach and develop team members. Mentors, directs, trains, and coaches employees. Develops line of business training plans. Recommends employment, promotion, and disciplinary action; appraises employee performance and recommends salary and incentive compensation.
- Positively contributes to process re-engineering automation and optimization efforts which result in consistent underwriting service delivery while reducing operational costs. Focuses the priorities on the broadest benefit realization.
- Analyzes workflows, procedures, and systems for continuous process improvement. Identifies and resolves process deficiencies and quality control issues across the team. Develops new methods and/or approaches to achieving business objectives.
- Interacts with Home Office underwriting, Office of General Counsel Product Managers, billing, reinsurance, and IT units to resolve problems.
- Balances demands with team skills and work capacity; reacts quickly to and manages changing competing priorities.
- Builds strong relationships with branch office underwriters and managers. Provides overall program support.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of special projects and performs other duties and tasks to meet company objectives within established time frames.