Senior Product Manager - MEC Solutions ( 580798-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a senior level product professional to help define, build, go-to-market, and manage vertically marketed product solutions leveraging the latest in 5G and edge computing technologies to help organizations achieve their digital transformation goals. These technologies will usher in the 4th industrial revolution where companies, big and small, will redefine the way they work through automation and real-time insights into their business processes. The massive bandwidth, device density, ultra-low latency, and battery efficiency of 5G coupled with edge compute will empower people, devices, and systems to interact efficiently and safely in a highly automated environment.
In this position, the Product Manager will identify and define a suite of horizontal and vertical solution capabilities and will require working collaboratively across sales, engineering, customer design/experience, marketing, and operations organizations in addition to external customers and partners. In short, you will be responsible for devising and executing a winning plan as the owner of the products you create, grow, and manage. If you're passionate about solving customers’ problems by building products that make a positive impact by leveraging the latest emerging technologies, then join us at Verizon!
As a Product Manager, you will be a critical part of the Verizon Business Group organization that owns the business model and P&L, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will work across engineering teams, business development, and marketing to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the leaders of the organization to ensure the developer experience, programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency delight our customers.
- Apply your knowledge of the market, the product, the competition, and most importantly those earned secrets with early customers to build and iterate on product strategy.
- Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Customer Design/Experience, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) by developing Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) that will include business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment details.
- Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify product partnership and collaboration opportunities to accelerate and or address gaps in the product portfolio.
- Own designing business models, pricing, channel strategy, target segments, customer profiles, execution plan and financial business cases for solutions and verticals.
- Think digitally regarding product, sales, customer, and full life cycle experience with the goal of improving the customer experience from beginning to end.
- Author collateral, FAQs, white papers, and presentations that can be leveraged across Verizon, external partners, and customers.
- Interact with senior level executives within Verizon and with Fortune 500 companies.
- In addition to launching MEC Solutions, the candidate can also create platform automation and scalability requirements to better deliver solutions going forward at scale.
- Will help define and document how we can leverage our Network Insights and Artificial Intelligence to augment our solutions
- Work with the end user community to implement technology trends that have utmost impact to the diverse customer base
- Partner with constituent representatives to create and evolve a given service
- Pay special attention to expected deliverables for individual assigned projects: technical analysis, architecture, design, and general support
- Be an IT ambassador by showing a propensity on learning and interacting with the industry experts through diverse environments: participate in standards organizations, internal collaboration, and vendor forums.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have communication skills to manage a large degree of external interactions with customers and partners. You have the ability to deliver quickly and collaboratively. You take ownership and are accountable for the quality of all deliverables. You have knowledge of business objectives and can be creative enough to help define what we build, with the ability to lead developer facing product efforts.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a design and/or engineering field.
- Masters of Business Administration.
- Ten or more years of demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development, with cross team and cross discipline execution, either directly or as an organizational leader.
- Holds patents or has published industry papers/documents/literature.
- Experience conceptualizing new, innovative applications/services and justify design, build, and/or buy decisions using solid ROI analysis.
- Experience leading/supervising multiple projects, also performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration, resources and scheduling.
- Industry knowledge in Retail, Healthcare, Financial Services, Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies, telecoms and IoT Business Models.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (AI/ML, AR/VR, blockchain, robotics, IoT, etc.)
- Knowledge of products and technologies across Verizon and how they may strategically align with projects.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience leading or participating in panel discussions.
- Seven or more years in development and implementation of IT and/or managed telecommunications solutions.
- Five or more years of architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of IT-based products, services and solutions.
- Being able to create detailed design documentation that is relevant, easy to consume, and concise in nature.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.