Emerging Client Portfolio Sales Engineer (Manager) (60731)
- Collaborate with the Sales Account Executive, solution offering teams, and other SMEs to :
- Serve as a sales engineer and architect proficient in Security Assessments, Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services, Cloud security, identity management, data protection and/or privacy to support account teams with pursuits
- Work with practice leadership and stakeholders regarding the sales engineering services and offerings available from Cyber & Strategic Risk practice.
- Advise account teams regarding the technical approach of the response by taking ownership of the solution description and usage and composition of assets within a solution
- Technically qualify opportunities as they progress in the sales process.
- Ensure the client's technical needs are being met with proposed solutions and services.
- Participate in development and delivery of client pursuit materials and execution of sales/pursuit meetings
- Determine scope of services for pursuits based on client proposals or conversations
- Create client pursuit materials in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to share Deloitte's Detect & Respond capabilities, experience, and qualifications
- Manage technical scoping and solution communications with account teams, vendors, 3rd party service providers, Deloitte leadership, and client personnel, where needed, during the pursuit process
- Act as the primary interface between the engagement team service leads for all in-scope services
- Identify and develop opportunities to provide new and expanded services
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple pursuits across the Detect & Respond service portfolio
- Seek opportunities and offer guidance on how to improve the sales methodology including owning and driving internal improvement initiatives
- Prepare, produce, and deliver materials used for reporting on opportunities and sales
- Develop and refresh sales and marketing materials for Emerging client services, white papers, and other informational documentation, particularly within assigned industries.
- Analyze opportunity and sales data for insights and trends to shape future solution design
- Analyze complex issues to determine impact and to suggest alternative solutions based on client needs and objectives
- • 5+ years working in security information and/or technology engineering support experience
- • Ability to translate client requirements into solution design that can be delivered by the Detect & Respond team
- • Highly proficient in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- • Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- • Excellent oral and written communication skills
- • Basic knowledge of security technologies such as: Security information and event management (SIEM), IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Management, Threat Intelligence, Managed Security Services, Penetration Testing, and/or Advanced Persistent Threats (APT), Threat Hunting, Cloud Security, Identity Management, Data Protection, Data Privacy
- Travel required, varying based on client coverage (While travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Strong understanding of Security Assessments, such as NIST CSP
- Bachelor of Science with a concentration in computer science, information systems, information security, cloud security, identity, decision sciences, risk management, engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial) or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of threat analysis and enterprise level risk mitigation strategies
- Working knowledge of operating systems and networking technologies in general
- Working knowledge of cyber threats, defenses, motivations and techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative design skills across Microsoft application suite
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and skills
- A strong desire to understand the what as well as the why and the how of security incidents