Brand Manager, Corporate Marketing (R461251)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want:
Hard-working winners. Confident, competitive and results-oriented professionals who create a track record of success.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do:
The Brand Manager will leverage expertise in marketing, creative, project management, strategic planning
and leadership to help manage Stryker’s brand and support corporate marketing initiatives. The Brand Manager works with
business units to implement our brand standards and to drive a more consistent brand experience across marketing operations
Reports directly to the Director, Corporate Marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Detailed Description)
• Collaborates with upstream company and business strategy process owners to develop downstream brand
management processes for company-wide execution
• Develops and maintains brand management processes across a variety of global businesses and mediums
• Articulates brand messages, positions, value proposition and processes with credibility and confidence to
• Assesses and gives direction on visual and verbal brand implementations
• Helps maintain, evolve and educate others on the brand guidelines
• Records and manages brand metrics; provides quarterly reports and makes recommendations for continuous
• Manages/develops relationships with businesses and professional service organizations—including digital, social
and creative—to ensure our brand is successfully implemented
• Partners with Marketing Operations, Communications, Public Affairs and other teams to advance corporate
• Manages assigned project budgets, negotiates with vendors and measures results with a high degree of financial
• Uses exceptional organizational and project management skills to manage complex, multi-phased initiatives
• Executes in a variety of modes; comfortable leading, influencing or supporting projects depending on the
• Actively listens and then synthesizes diverse inputs into process development and actionable improvements
• Drives execution and achieves business results
• Works effectively in a virtual team environment
• Uses advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Education & Special Trainings:
BA/BS in relevant field, masters or related work experience preferred
What you need:
• 5+ years of marketing experience in brand management, communications and/or digital media
• 2+ years marketing experience in healthcare or related field
• Relevant relationship-building experience in a role that required strong consultative, collaborative, interpersonal,
problem-solving and project management skills
• Experience developing and managing centralized processes in decentralized organizations
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and create process and structure where it does not currently exist
• Ability to demonstrate learning agility and critical thinking skills to apply concepts in new situations
• Ability to recognize uncharted issues as they arise and escalate to the appropriate level
• Skilled at maintaining cooperative working relationships with all levels of management
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
• Ability to both strategically plan for the future and respond with temporary solutions to address immediate
• Deep understanding of web, digital and social platforms with the ability to manage or consult on projects with
internal and external resources
• Strong communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
• Ability to brainstorm and refine ideas as a team/group to support a strategic imperative
• Open to learning, growing and evolving to meet business needs and personal growth objectives
Physical & Mental Requirements:
• Must be able to communicate with large groups of people
• Must be able to review printed materials
• Must be able to communicate telephonically
• Ability to create rapport with network of colleagues located in various locations around
What We Offer:
A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
· Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
· Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com