Sourcing Manager (R462781)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Why supply chain at Stryker?
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better.
Who we want -
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
What you will do -
The Sourcing Manager is a supply chain leadership position that involves collaborating across multiple Stryker functions to manage a world class supply organization. This role requires an ability to build focused, structured and outcome-oriented relationships with key suppliers while building a strategic supply base that meets and exceeds all areas of measurement, including quality, costs, service, delivery and compliance. This is an individual contributor role that requires the use of judgement in applying professional expertise and is expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Lead the development and implementation of specific strategies and projects related to cost reduction initiatives, supply base and sourcing optimization and rationalization, quality improvement, risk assessment, and contract negotiation
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of technical equipment, custom engineered products, systems, software or components
- Acquire and maintain understanding of technology trends, market forces, cost trends and supplier technology road maps
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy and discusses defects and delivery problems with suppliers and negotiates refunds
- Develop and collaborate on strategic commodity plans, consolidation strategy, and spend/supply assessments
- Develop thorough category strategies to drive value for assigned categories based on an understanding of business unit needs, the supply market, spend baseline, evolution and benchmarking. Effectively document, communicate, and gain buy-in for those strategies
- Manage & track supplier performance through enterprise-wide scorecards, performance indicators, and dashboards
- Collaborate across functions, divisions, and sites to collect feedback for key suppliers
- Organize and lead scorecard review meetings and business reviews
What you need -
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Engineering or related field, required
- 8+ years of working experience required, Supply Management experience with focus on strategic sourcing and supplier development - highly preferred
- Knowledge and application of supplier contract strategy, negotiations, contractual terms, and contract administration- highly preferred
- Commodity specific experience in PCBA, Wire Harnesses, Electronic components. electro-mechanic assembly- preferred
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com