Technical Project Manager ( 584784-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Technology and Product Development organization is searching for a Principal Engineer - Technical Project Management to lead and deliver on projects with high visibility in Verizon’s Business Product Engineering team. The candidate will drive cross functional initiatives, develop action plans, establish milestones, mitigate risk, and provide status updates. The position requires frequent interaction with various levels of leadership within TPD and partner organizations. Key responsibilities include:
- Project Management lead for multiple Technical Projects.
- Partner with stakeholder organizations across GN&T and VBG to align on delivery dates and project status.
- Manage and mitigate risks to keep projects on track.
- Own and drive issues to resolution.
- Effectively communicate key successes/wins and other significant project statuses.
- Capture and report key metrics related to projects.
- Identify and stakeholder opportunities to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
- Support leadership with executive reporting.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years performing Program and Project Management involving initiatives with significant cross-functional dependencies tied directly to revenue generation.
- Experience in managing internal projects, partners, and vendors in delivering product development initiatives on time and in budget.
- Strong Program management experience (Agile and/or Waterfall) with success leading large complex initiatives.
- Ability to own issues/risk decisions and manage on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and working effectively with other Project Managers.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in wireline and wireless product and services with experience in product development and execution.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather and organize data and develop recommendations.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or Project Management, Risk Management, Information Systems or related fields of study.
- PMP, Agile Certified Practitioner and/or Project Management/Scrum certification.
- Good technical skills.
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools including G Suite, Confluence, Jira, and SmartSheets.
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).