IT Project Manager V (36740)
Purpose and Scope:
The IT Project Manager V is responsible for planning, organizing and managing resources from start to finish to ensure successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
1) Under limited supervision, understands and enforces company-specific standards while managing projects.
2) Typical lead for most Information Technology projects.
3) Consults on other projects.
4) Typically leads IT Project Management and Operations department meetings.
5) Expert in the maintenance, support and administration of PM systems or applications.
6) Actively participates on conference calls or in meetings to provide input within areas of personal expertise.
7) Provides a leadership role. Manages projects from the discovery phase through the design, production and launch.
8) Works with diverse business groups and customers to gather requirements and with internal staff to complete projects on time and within budget.
9) Develops project plans.
10) Manages the implementation of technology solutions included but not limited to: scope, schedule and cost.
11) Responsible for all aspects of planning and implementation of assigned technology projects.
12) Interfaces with all areas affected by the project.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology field (MIS, CIS, CS) or related discipline or demonstrated equivalent. 10+ years of applicable and proven experience in managing Information Technology/Services projects.