Business Analyst, Project Mgmt Controls
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position will reside within the Construction & Design Services (C&DS) - Project Management Controls organization and will report to the Manager of Project Controls. This individual will provide support to our Project Management team through the analysis and reporting of financial & resource actuals and forecasts as well as developing and implementing various operational business unit metrics.
Candidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and obtain the ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives concurrently. Candidates must have strong communication skills at all levels of the organization and be a technically strong, self-starting individual who is willing to take on many continuous improvement initiatives including the automation and development of various reports and dashboards.
- Reporting and maintenance of Transmission and Rider Program resources
- Working with various stakeholders of the distribution rider programs to drive collaboration and consistency between departments.
- Developing financial / operational metrics using QlikView and Power BI dashboards
- Developing Executive level presentations that tie together the operational and financial strategies of the C&DS Project Management organization.
- Leveraging Microsoft Office Suite, TOAD for Oracle and QlikView to support monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
- Providing general administrative, financial, logistical and analytical assistance on a wide range of activities throughout the FirstEnergy Utilities organization.
- Providing analytical support to the project management team.
- Two or four-year degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience will be considered. An advanced degree or professional certification is preferred
- Relevant experience includes data reporting, analysis, costing and recommendations, along with an in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
- Ability to gather and report data from FE systems (SAP, Cascade, and PowerPlant) is required.
- Strong proficiency and knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite, QlikView, TOAD for Oracle
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels as well as with customers and external contacts.
- Ability to understand corporate accounting concepts and perform financial analysis. Demonstrated analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems.
- Willing to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, and the aptitude to learn quickly.
- Highly motivated; experience working independently with a high level of productivity.
- A basic knowledge of distribution / transmission operations, typical projects, accounting policies and procedures is required.
- Sufficient maturity to exercise independent judgment on basic projects and assignments
- Desire to continue to learn and grow, work across FirstEnergy, and deliver results
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude to continue to learn, produce results, and develop existing relationships
- Core understanding of applicable products and / or services and of customer needs and expectations
- Possess a sound knowledge of basic researching techniques
- Understand best practices and techniques for addressing customer concerns
- Demonstrated analytical abilities, including problem solving and decision making
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team