Business Analyst - multiple locations (49825)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position is part of the Human Services Energy Conservation Department and reports to the supervisor. The department manages the low-income usage reduction programs, required by the state commissions, known as the Pennsylvania WARM Program and the New Jersey Comfort Partners program. The team works with external contractors that perform energy audits and install energy conservation measures in customers' homes to reduce electric consumption.
Key areas of responsibility for this position include managing the Companies Low Income Usage Reduction programs. The position will be responsible for tracking progress of the external contract service providers contractual responsibilities including reporting and managing budgets. This position requires interacting with customers, regulatory agencies, customer group representatives, and third-party contractors.
This position reports to the Supervisor, Human Services and can be located anywhere within the FirstEnergy territory.
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to all aspects of Safety
- Providing strategic direction in the development of Company policies and procedures to meet regulatory rules and reporting requirements for energy conservation programs in each state Supporting regulatory filings, presentations, and testimony supporting internal and regulatory approval of programs
- Provide feedback to third-party contractors related to performance
- Represent FirstEnergy on energy conservation matters at various events (e.g., providing presentations, participation on various working groups, Energy associations, stakeholder meetings, and community meetings, etc.)
- Monitors and evaluates contractor quality assurance performance via inspection reports
- Analyzes complex issues and develops actionable recommendations
- Work additional hours as needed to support critical projects, and large-scale power outages
- Independently conducting research and analyzing data as needed
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and broaden/deepen relationships; anticipate customers’ needs and propose alternative solutions when necessary
- Prepare initial scope of work documents for contractors
- Provide insight and guidance for program policy and procedures
- Continuously learn and increase knowledge for energy saving measures and procedures
- Two to four-year degree in a related discipline is preferred, along with minimum 4 years relevant work experience required. In lieu of a degree, 7 years relevant experience will be required.
- Relevant experience will include experience managing multiple projects/programs.
- Familiarity with energy efficiency and energy conservation products and technologies preferred
- Building Performance Certification preferred
- Knowledge of customer electricity usage patterns, rate pricing structures, and state regulatory policies
- In-depth understanding of applicable products and services and customer needs and expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills and develops and maintains relationships across the organization Strong analytical abilities
- Demonstrated questioning attitude to learn, produce results, and develop
- Strong leadership skills to communicate and manage program initiatives
- Ability to research, analyze and problem solve independently
- Commitment to providing quality service and deliverables in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access)
- Proficient in SAP/CRM preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to occasionally travel throughout FirstEnergy footprint
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team