Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (105808532)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Here’s the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we’re changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Sr Business Analyst, you’ll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You’ll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plan, research and manage critical events related to quality measures
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data
- Work with team in leading the cross-functional validation that contributes to final HEDIS rating calculations
- Support data collection and submission that is significant portion of overall HEDIS calculation
- Present analysis and recommendations for operational and business review/planning
- Support short- and long-term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop, recommend and implement business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
This is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment with a lot of moving parts. The challenge is in developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. You’ll be expected to interpret and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources and use it to tell a meaningful story.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in business, data or financial analysis
- 2+ years healthcare experience
- Experience working with relational databases, database structures
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related
- Experience with consulting / working in consulting environment
- STARS and/or HEDIS knowledge and experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Oracle, SSRS, ODBC set up, MS Access, MS Excel, Tableau, Power BI and/or equivalent data capture/reporting tools
- Extremely organized and able to keep initiatives on track to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of technology trends and industry best practices
- Results driven individual
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.