Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (105924406)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide quality assurance and support of Programs/Products as assigned
- Lead and facilitate the coordination of user acceptance testing efforts and defect resolution
- Collaborate with business partners to develop process documentation, requirements, and timelines
- Provide project status updates as required by program directives
- Facilitation and organization of end user training
- Provide analysis and dissemination of complex concepts
- Support Program/Product Development through the creation of business requirements, testing acceptance criteria and documentation
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical development teams
- Support effective/strategic business solutions and implementations through analysis and documentation of data and operational processes
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analysis
- Heavy emphasis on Quality Assurance/Testing/Production Support
- Demonstrates solid healthcare and UM or MMS systems
- Ability to analyze and understand complex healthcare and IT concepts, and communicate effectively to all levels of an organization
- Demonstrates customer focus, and collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile or other development methodologies
- Demonstrates a "can do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment
- Ability to easily adapt to new, different, ambiguous, or changing situations, requirements, and priorities
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and self-motivate
- Solid problem solving, data analysis and organizational skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management, Software Quality Assurance or other Business or IT related field
- 4+ years of experience working with SQL Server databases creating complex queries, multiple table joins, and aggregated statistics
- Experience with Utilization Management
- Experience with documentation, process and data flow diagramming, feature/functionality requirements gathering skills
- Experience in creating, defining, and documenting business requirements and/or processes
- Knowledge and experience with user acceptance testing processes
- Advanced level of proficiency with PC based software programs such as Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Healthcare EDI (278 authorization data and other data exchanges)
- Experience working with the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC), preferably in an Agile environment
- Experience in leading and supporting UAT testing including creating and managing test plans
- Experience with software development methodology tools
- Ability to create business process diagrams (e.g., business data flows, process flows) to analyze/confirm the definition of project requirements
- Excellent communication skills with a customer driven focus
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.