Business Analyst Intern - La Crosse, Wisconsin (106056332)
Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Business Analyst Intern, you'll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You'll be responsible for being part of the solution by performing configuration enhancements which have a direct, positive impact to the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
As a Business Analyst Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with internal team members as well as stakeholders as you perform setup enhancements which make a direct impact to efficiencies within Operations as well as in serving our customers to help fulfill the needs of the business and/or clients; you will have an impact on healing the health care system for the members we serve.
- Learn the configuration BLI lifecycle process
- Maintain administrative and customer configuration rules and codes
- Setup and configure for all other entities and functional areas of LHI’s applications
- Able to read through basic requirements with guidance from senior configuration analyst team members to ensure all necessary requirements are present
- Receptive to understanding complex concepts of software setup, configuration and customization especially the relationships between database tables
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, and provide assistance on smaller initiatives to coordinate implementation efforts as well as work with more senior configuration analyst team members on larger projects
- Able to perform and test configuration with supervision to ensure quality implementation. Will need support on how to test and fix any issues discovered
- Have basic knowledge of configuration within the enterprise applications and complete configuration accurately based on the business requirements
- Develop a basic understanding of SQL and execute queries provided by senior configuration analysts. Perform simple modifications to queries based on testing needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business or another related field
- Current junior or third year college student intending to graduate in spring 2023
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Solid written and verbal presentation skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.