Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute (106040031)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function work in the analysis phase of the system development cycle and consult with users to evaluate business requirements, identify operating procedures, evaluate existing or proposed systems and prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written. This function also is intended to include those that also may define business processes.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Receive business requirements documents (BRDs, VFQs / PRDs)
- Understand and clarify a business / technology problem
- Define project priorities and task priorities within projects
- Identify ambiguity in requirements documents / specifications
- Identify changes in project scope and other impacts on the project
- Create/contribute to project estimates (e.g., Budget Guidance Estimate, Solutions Analysis Estimate, Design Estimate)
- Analysis of technology solutions options
- Understand the applications supported and their upstream / downstream impact
- Determine feasibility of business requirements and recommend changes to support business needs and processes
- Apply software development lifecycle methodology (SDLC) to evaluate current system processes and identify possible solution options for new functionality or modifications to existing functionality
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, Developers and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Ensure that system solution options are thoroughly researched, analyzed and documented
- Provide support to Quality Assurance on development of test approaches
- Provide support to Applications Development through participation in Design Reviews
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience in Health & Human Services programs, specifically Child Support Enforcement
- Gathering and documenting requirements from the client / business
- Business process and data analysis
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration or related field
- 1+ years of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test and implementation), specifically with Agile-based, project implementations
- Previous experience and skills with the following:
- Business Process Definition
- Business Requirements Definition
- User Story Development
- Process Mapping (SIPOC / detailed process mapping)
- Business / Systems Analysis
- Ability to communicate analysis, including trends and opportunities, to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Ability to problem solve, including multiple priorities, conflicting research and/or inaccurate data
- Interviewing / Requirements Elicitation
- Presentation Skills
- Active Listening
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.