IT Business - System Analyst Disaster Recovery (106010247)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking an experienced and well-respected candidate/employee with strong analytical skills and deep dive disaster recovery SME knowledge. The ideal candidate will come from a large, corporate environment and be adept at working under pressure in a high demand environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Sr. Disaster Recovery Business System Analyst will be responsible for Disaster Recovery plan management and documentation for business critical and infrastructure applications
- Concentrated functional areas of job performance includes:
- managing the creation and ongoing maintenance of Disaster Recovery plans and supporting documentation for critical applications and core infrastructure
- developing/documenting/improving process and guidelines which support the Enterprise Disaster Recovery program
- The lead role will assist with the management of an actual disaster event which impacts organizational assets
- Development of DR materials by working with and educating application teams, infrastructure teams, management, and businesses in the documentation of DR Plans
- Provide insight in the design, development, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery technology solutions
- Facilitate discussions on platform dependencies and application interdependencies
- Understand the complexities of methodologies for recovering services at an alternative site
- Analyze applications and interdependencies to understand the landscape of applications for which plans need to be written
- Analyze and interpret DR data for planning, mitigation, and response strategies
- Support or manage key processes for data quality reviews of DR plans
- Develop/document/improve process and guidelines which support the Disaster Recovery program
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of related work experience in Disaster Recovery
- 8+ years of hands on IT experience IT systems analysis and business systems analysis
- 5+ years of experience with Disaster Recovery methodology & technology
- 5+ years of experience writing technical or procedural documents
- 5+ years of computing knowledge
- Exposure/experience with Project management
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication and visual presentation skills
- Aptitude for being methodical, consistent, comprehensive, and thorough
- Being detail oriented with a proficiency in scrutinizing data for discrepancies and identifying potential gaps and anomalies
- Ability to collaborate within a complex matrixed organization and interact with technical, non-technical, and management staff
- Self-motivated and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Quality focused with continuous improvement mindset
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.