Business System Analyst - Dallas, TX (105992763)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of technical solutions. This position plays a major role in the discovery, development, and implementation of core network, hardware, and application business systems, including providing onsite go-live support for eClinicalWorks. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst serves as the liaison between clinical users and technology teams to support the current IT systems and guide the practice towards the standardized processes and systems.
- Analyzes business current state, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, non-functional and/or technical specifications
- Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts
- Plans and assists with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution
- Creates and Analyzes charts and/or diagrams of the current state and defines system requirements in terms of company standards
- Develops or assists the Project Manager in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine documentation
- Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems from a due diligence site visit. Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex integration matters
- Checks, instructs, coordinates work, and otherwise functionally directs technical staff in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems
- Provides onsite (at the practice) training and support as necessary during an integration
- Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (2+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of experience in developing requirements or performing system analysis (examples - documenting current state, workflows, technical risk analysis, GAP analysis, user guides)
- 3+ years of experience of major software systems implementation experience
- 3+ years of analysis experience
- Solid understanding of the Project Management Life Cycle
- 40% Local travel within the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex
- This is an office/hybrid position (average 3 days in the office or remote base)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or other fields
- Experience with project management and project control methodologies
- Experience process re-engineering and best practice implementations
- Experience and understanding of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Experience working with Healthcare EMRs (examples - eClinicalWorks, NextGen, AllScripts)
- Knowledge of Primary and Clinical Care operations and functional models
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions
- Ability to analyze and document process and data flow
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external clients
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.