Associate Business Process Analyst - Telecommute (105979164)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Positions in this function are responsible for first-level response and resolution of EDI issues received from internal and external customers, including providers, clearinghouses and billing companies
- Triage and resolve complex inquiries received via phone, email, webform and ServiceNow
- Demonstrate outstanding service to identify the source of the customers issue and work to resolve the inquiry in a timely and professional manner
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals of both EDI transactions and EDI processes
- Deliver information and answer questions in a positive manner to facilitate solid relationships with providers and their staff
- Complete the documentation necessary to track provider issues and facilitate the reporting of overall trends
- Complete job tasks and functions on time to achieve our service level agreements
- The Provider Digital Transformation Team (PDT) focuses on a digital first approach to transforming the provider experience. EDI is a major digital channel in which providers interact with UHC each day, with millions of data exchange transactions coming to us
- EDI is a team of 20 individuals from product managers, product owners, support, strategy, and data, analytics and system performance monitoring
- We have a very tenured team averaging 19 years tenure in EDI. We work closely with other teams for digital provider interaction such as web portals and proprietary APIs
- We are all telecommute
- Our customers are: small, medium, and large providers, revenue cycle management companies, healthcare vendors, clearinghouses
- Demonstrate ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities as well as work in a fast paced, action-oriented environment
- Skilled in problem solving to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication to ensure understanding on all levels of the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED OR equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problem
- Experience with one or more of the EDI transactions used in Healthcare (270/271, 276/277, 835, 837)
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Experience in Claims Payment, Claims Adjustments and/or Enrollment
- Ability to multi-task including the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Be accountable, communicating with others, solving problems, serving customers, providing support, using time and resources effectively, delivering results, taking initiatives and risks
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $21.68 to $38.56. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $23.94 to $42.40. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.