Sr. Business / Data Analyst - Telecommute (105910279)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find yourself loving the thrill of diving into challenging analysis. At Optum, you'll find an organization that will recognize those talents and use them to help us build our next generation customer experience. Here, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your analysis and data expertise to help change the future of health care.
The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented and highly innovative. He or she will also be responsible for translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives in mind.
The ideal candidate will thrive operating in complex or ambiguous situations and must be an expert at creating reason and order out of these situations. This role is not about doing the same things over and over again - it is about advancing and integrating our member data with pioneering approaches that have broad impact to our customer experience organization. It’s about leveraging our current foundational data infrastructure and enhancing it so that members are presented with relevant messages at the right time and in the right channel.
This person will have a high degree of individual responsibility and will be expected to quickly become a data expert within the organization. They will be comfortable working both independently and cross functionally in executing multiple data projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset with strong attention to detail and a bias towards action.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Demonstrate experience as a data and business analyst
- Understand and document the business requirements based on the customer’s needs. This includes understanding and evaluating the enhancement request, the business process, and general system capabilities
- Research and gain a high-level understanding of data elements and sources
- Data Profiling and Creation - in particular, experience working with streaming data sources and profiling data from JSON messages
- Define the source of data - type of ingestion, relationships, tables, variables, and transformations that may be needed
- Become a SME in how the data will be used and how it functions
- Create and ensure that artifacts are complete per the business and the artifact is ready for review with IT teams to begin the Solutioning phase of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Presenting ideas and findings in meetings
- Create process flows to simplify hand off from business to IT resources
- Excel at problem solving, identifying the root cause and approach a challenge in multiple ways
- Proactively troubleshoot data quality issues by identifying the root cause of data discrepancies and determining and implementing recommendations for resolution
- Work with business counterparts on operational readiness activities to ensure that necessary training and procedure updates have occurred
- Develop QA and User Acceptance Plan (UAT) and Testing in coordination project and business leads
- Contribute to the execution of the Optum Consumer Experience data roadmap including initiatives related to data quality, data unification, data governance, data movement / ETL and data access
- Provide leadership and project management in a cross-team environment
- Be comfortable juggling multiple projects and constantly shifting timelines in a fast paced complex environment
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience leading data related initiatives (system integration, data warehouse build, data mart build or related) and a proven track record of exceeding expectations on this initiatives
- 4+ years of business analyst experience
- 3+ years of QA/UAT experience
- Ability to write/understand complex SQL queries involving advanced unions, joins, aggregations, and groups
- SAS experience
- Experience with Healthcare data
- Experience with marketing capabilities
- Strong Communication skills
- Project management experience
- Netezza experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.