Business Development Analyst - Chicago, IL (106149834)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Candidates for this role will need to manage requests for proposals and offer support to Sales Executives and Sales Representatives. Act as the internal liaison for Sales Representatives to navigate quote and proposal creation. Focus on the importance of building team relationships with co-workers to inspire team cohesion and superior product delivery. Serve as the primary point of contact for day-to-day sales opportunity status monitoring and ensuring renewal or upselling, but do not have specific sales goal accountability or primary responsibility to close sales.
This role will require a hybrid work schedule: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
- Provide Key Accounts new business sales support for the Account Executives handling cases in the 100-5,000 segment for Medica and Specialty (Ancillary) products
- Scrub presale - Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Obtain missing information form the brokers/consultants
- Analyzes case information -identified solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Completes proposal request form
- Submits cases to manual rating and underwriting
- Requests and coordinates GEO Access reports
- Coordinates ancillary quotes
- Coordinates NBEA and ACEC quotes
- Request medical and RX compatibility reviews (Bar Request)
- Collects Underwriting responses
- Coordinates case strategy and underwriting issues with AE (UW pends)
- Updates sales tracking system with case information during presale process
- Performs quality review on proposal/financial documents and coordinates printing
- Educate brokers on new business requirements - coaches, provides feedback, and guides others
- Participates in special projects as requested by management
- Provides new business process subject matter expertise
- Multi-tasks and handle heavy workloads at busier time of the year
- Utilize excellent communication and written skills
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma/GED
- 2+ years in a supportive sales position within health insurance industry
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Word and Outlook, including document creation, email, and calendar maintenance
- Intermediate Excel (document creation, data entry, sorting, tracking and reporting)
- Current and active Illinois Health and Life Insurance licensure or the ability to obtain within the first 90 days of employment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.