Sr Business Systems Analyst/Data Engineer - Telecommute (106113716)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support process improvement through the identification, verification and documentation of data source management processes, as well as development of associated action plans
- Consultative resource for external data sources management, including but not limited to ingestion, validation and utilization of the data
- Gather & document technical specifications for projects and work effort related to data management
- Consultative resource on requirements gathering related to data management projects
- Devises data verification and quality methods and standard systems procedures that will be used to support our region’s data quality needs
- Understand and apply unique programming/scripting languages specific to software engineering
- Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design
- Conducts complex analyses
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field (4+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of solid ETL experience, SQL Server experience (Version 2005 or higher), T-SQL experience
- 3+ years of solid Visual Studio (Version 2005 or higher), SQL SSIS experience, SQL Performance Tuning
- 3+ years of IT experience with data collection, processing, analysis and reporting
- 2+ years’ experience in Healthcare Industry with Quality/Process Improvement
- 2+ years of experience with business requirements gathering and documentation
- 1+ years of experience working closely with business and IT stakeholders to define problems and design large-scale, enterprise class solutions
- Ability to work standard business hours Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. ( PST or MTN time zone) with the ability to work a flexible schedule to meet business needs and accommodate meetings in various time zones as needed
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Access, Visio PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 2+ years of experience RAF or HEDIS® data, and comprehensive understanding of RAF or HEDIS®
- Experience gathering and documenting business requirements
- Expertise in working closely with business and IT stakeholders to define problems and design large-scale, enterprise class solutions in a leadership role
- Working in some capacity as primary or lead engineer leading various project work efforts
- Develop self-documenting functions, API’s and/or micro-services
- Tableau or other large data reporting tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.