Pega Decisioning Business Analyst ( 596953-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Pega Business Analyst, working on Verizon Consumer Group Personalization Platform & Product Owner Team, you will gather information from stakeholders, cross-functional teams and subject matter experts to analyze decisioning needs and document requirements to support the design, development and testing of the complete Pega decisioning implementation. As the BA, you will be responsible for translating the high-level vision into functional specifications for the development and testing teams. You will be a key player in agile process management, daily grooming sessions, analyzing, scoping and accepting user stories and UAT.
- Collect business and technical requirements by leading the requirement gathering sessions with extended cross functional teams
- Craft user stories, get group consensus and enter into Jira
- Contribute to the creation of use cases, test cases and summary-level business requirement documentation
- Keep a record of the Pega ADM performances and the next steps to enhance it
- Keep a record of the champion challenger strategy performance
- Support the Agile team day to day work functions by connecting/aligning with technical team, Quality Assurance team, UAT team and business stakeholders
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You are organized, detail oriented, and efficient. You’ve got excellent negotiation skills, and can work effectively with a variety of stakeholders, even in challenging situations. You’re driven to resolve problems and overcome hurdles, and you approach every situation with a can-do, team-player attitude. You are a problem solver---someone who looks to find ways to be more efficient in every corner and who sees every obstacle as a puzzle to be solved. Not only are you a Grade A planner and organizer, but you know how to engage a diverse team, set clear standards, remove barriers, and ensure accountability. You’re no stranger to tight timelines and competing priorities. And you’re a great communicator, able to interpret data in a meaningful way, translate complex technical specifications into concrete requirements, and inspire and equip everyone around you to make sound decisions and do their best work.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience working as a business analyst.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Marketing, or Business Administration
- Pega Systems Business Architect (CBA) certification
- Pega Decisioning Consultant Certification
- Project management experience
- Technical project experience on enterprise impacting projects
- Experience applying agile project methodology concepts
- Strong decision-making and leadership abilities
- Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience in the customer service/marketing area in Telecom Domain
- Excellent technical (e.g., systems design) and/or analytical skills
- Ability to work in PC, including desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Google tools like Sheets, Docs and Slides, etc.)
- Excellent business knowledge and interpersonal skills
- SCRUM Master Certification
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Clarity
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).