Business Intelligence Analyst ( 592920-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be ensuring that analytics drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience. You’ll define the analytics strategy and champion that strategy across the business, in order to create agreements for data based decision making. Your end goal is to recommend improvements that will go straight to the bottom line, by helping us serve our customers.
- Partnering with others to understand business challenges.
- Designing creative approaches to uncover the biggest opportunities for cost and time savings.
- Defining and driving the analytics strategy and modeling approaches.
- Building business cases and translating findings into practical business implications.
- Driving the adoption of analytics in decision making.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with visual science or dashboard design principles.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Six or more years of experience in reporting, analytics, or related insights field.
- Experience with Tableau or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and large data sets, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of database concepts (Oracle, MS SQL, generic SQL, etc.).
- Knowledge of data warehouse and data lake architecture (Teradata, Hadoop).
- Working knowledge of Business Dashboards and other business applications.
- Familiar with cross-functional problem solving based on trends and issues.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Worked with Business Intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).