Business Intelligence Analyst - Telecommute (106553848)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a focused team dedicated to helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. This position is a part of the Reporting and Data Management team that supports Rally Health and Prevention-related program data. In this role, you'll be involved in gathering, analyzing and evaluating business requirements for reporting and data integration solutions requested by the business and our clients. You will be involved in assessing the feasibility of providing the requested information based on the analysis of data in our data warehouse or other source systems. You will also create detailed functional and technical specifications to the Development & Quality Assurance team, as well as assist in data and reporting issue research, as needed. You will be primary contributor and subject matter expert related to project efforts and will be responsible for gathering effort estimates, managing timelines and all business communication from intake to deployment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with requestor to gather, analyze and document business requirements relating to reporting and data integration solutions
- Communicate design to all stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Analyze business intelligence requirements (e.g., standard/ad hoc reporting, dashboards, scorecards, visualization, analytics) and create functional designs based on business requirements
- Identify applicable source data and perform data profiling to ensure data availability/completeness/accuracy/consistency
- Assess data management requirements, processes and capabilities (e.g., governance, archiving, metadata, master data, data modeling, data quality)
- Review, analyze and update project estimates, timelines, dependencies and deliverables to ensure achievement of project goals
- Collaborate with Data Architect and development team members to design and document specifications for data flows (e.g., data acquisition, formatting, dependencies) and appropriate data models (e.g., relational/dimensional, logical/physical, new subject areas)
- Ensure compliance with database/data modeling standards and naming conventions (e.g., Enterprise Logical Data Model), and provide feedback as appropriate
- Define and document data configuration, data validation rules and transformation logic in collaboration with business partners
- Conduct all required design reviews, update design documents as appropriate and obtain appropriate sign-offs
- Review and troubleshoot potential issues throughout all phases of the project
- Collaborate with QA team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
- Identify scenarios that may require performance testing, and communicate to appropriate testing groups (e.g., QA)
- Communicate and ensure full understanding of changes to applicable groups, in order to facilitate ongoing stability
- Provide ongoing expertise to operational support groups in order to address identified problems/issues, as requested
- Ensure that operational documentation is updated to include system maintenance/update changes
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support long term business objectives
- Ensure IT deliverables align with business requirements with measurable results
- Act as the liaison between business, development, quality assurance, delivery and project management groups
- Manage, research, and address incoming data and reporting issues as they arise
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience gathering and defining business requirements
- 3+ years of experience with relational database systems and database concepts
- 3+ years of experience working with data, data analysis and SQL (Structured Query Language)
- 2+ years of experience with data warehousing and dimensional modeling concepts
- 2+ years in a client facing role (internal or external clients)
- Experience driving change in the operation and proving the success of change management controls
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- IT experience in a large, enterprise environment
- Health care experience
- Project Management experience
- Management/Team Lead experience
- Experience with data integration concepts
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience working in an Agile environment or familiarity with Agile methodology
- Proficient with MS Visio
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to communicate diplomatically with colleagues and clients from various functional areas
- Proactive problem solver and critical thinker with excellent planning, coordination, and organizational skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.