Technical Business Analyst - Telecommute (106585537)
Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get – leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Careers at Solutran®, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group®, offer a unique and exciting opportunity to create large-impact, market-leading payments and financial technology innovations, while delivering on the mission of improving the health and wellbeing of tens of millions of Americans.
Our industry-leading S3® payments platform is integrated at 35,000+ retail locations and supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services. This advanced technology has led to Solutran’s rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
Working within a FinTech powerhouse, Solutran team members enjoy a culture of performance and collaboration, along with the resources and technology of a Fortune 5 company that comes with being a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our teams work in close partnership with the largest and most forward-thinking companies in America including Aetna, Anthem, CVS, General Mills, Kroger, UnitedHealthcare, Walmart, Walgreens and more. Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
If you are looking for the best place to use your passion, build your career and drive meaningful change, we offer an opportunity to do your life's best work. (sm)
The Technical Business Analyst position is a key technical position in a leading FinTech company (Solutran) that is operating independently as part of Optum Financial/UHG. The corporate headquarters is based in Plymouth, MN but this position is also eligible for full-time tele-commuting.
As a Technical Business Analyst for Solutran, you will play a key role in our S3 platform expansion and implement systems that contribute to the network’s best-in-class availability and transaction processing integrity. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical and technical background to troubleshoot, support, and enhance a complex transaction processing infrastructure. This person will also be comfortable providing technical guidance and support to transaction processing developers at both Solutran and our merchant partners.
In this role you will collect, collate, and translate business requirements into user stories and acceptance criteria that can be built into quality software produced by our development teams. You will be an active thought partner and subject matter expert, deeply involved in new projects that provide our clients and users with an unmatched set of products and services.
You must possess a unique blend of analytical skills along with business and technical expertise. You will collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers, QA, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to build products that delight our users. Solutran is a stable, fast-growing company with opportunities to advance and now is the time to join us!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Act as product owner, communicating product requirements and rationale with all stakeholders including technology development teams, QA, marketing, sales, finance, and executives
- Create, maintain, and communicate product roadmaps; perform and document change management
- Develop and enhance on our industry leading S3 Directed Spend Platform
- Adopt rigor in all activity including use of tools, processes, and methodologies such as JIRA, Agile
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, business requirements, technical limitations, performance and operational
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Produce high quality documentation based on implemented methodology standards
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with the marketing team, executives, and other product management team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Oracle RDBMS (12c)
- Microsoft Windows
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of Business Analyst/Associate Product Management experience or equivalent
- Advanced SQL query writing experience or experience reviewing code
- Proven experience testing complex software platforms
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelors or Associate degree in a STEM related major preferred and /or proven experience working with software engineering teams
- Experience delivering complex, powerful products that are made simple for users, delivering successful results
- SOAP/JSON web service design, testing and support
- Knowledge of financial transaction processing concepts and message types
- Experience with JIRA and SCRUM
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development, writing use cases, user stories and detailed acceptance criteria
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Where you will work:
This is a hybrid position, working some days in our office in Plymouth, MN and other days remote. It may be opened to remote work.
This position does not require frequent travel.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.