Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute (106572629)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Within the Central Analytics team and the overall Analytics Department, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst plays a critical leadership role in building and curating naviHealth’s analytic data foundation and reporting to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is responsible for independently and collaboratively designing and developing enterprise solutions utilizing primary technologies such as SQL Server Management Studio, Tableau, and Visual Studio. This is a position that will partner with both technical and non-technical colleagues to support naviHealth’s growth strategy, innovative mindset, and commitment to quality.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Transform raw or near-raw data and reference information from a wide variety of data sources into comprehensive analytics and reporting-ready data sources for clinical, operational, and financial use cases
- Utilize data sources to build and curate standardized and ad hoc organizational reporting for usage across all naviHealth departments
- Work with the organization’s technology teams to intake, build, and curate complex databases
- Perform analytics data model documentation and planning
- Ensure that the established standards are followed for application architecture, development, documentation, and deployment to maintain high levels of consistency and quality
- Collaborate with a wide variety of organizational stakeholders to plan, design, and deploy new data sources, reporting, or products or enhance existing assets
- Analyze query performance and perform query tuning to assist development engineers in designing and optimizing queries
- Troubleshoot and resolve production support issues
- Perform technical analysis and requirements definition
- Identify, assess, and complete projects with limited direction
- Educate and train other members of the organization (analysts, key stakeholders, etc.) as necessary so that they are empowered to utilize the various data and reporting resources available
- Function as a subject matter expert for the team and department in areas of assigned responsibility
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of work experience with design, development, implementation, management, and support of data structures and the data flow lifecycle (including data maintenance and data governance considerations)
- Experience in applied quality assurance and data quality principals,
- Experience communicating technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences
- Experience leading and execution of large-scale projects along while collaborating with other team members
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with healthcare data and concepts
- ETL architecture
- Experience taking complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and translating digestible views and features
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.