Senior Business Analyst - Plymouth, MN (106618735)
Careers at Solutran, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. We create direct spending solutions driven by our extensive financial tech experience to help those we serve be healthier, happier and more productive. Our platform helps members manage their health plans, supplemental benefits and rewards all in one place. You’ll have the opportunity to make it easier for consumers to manage their own health by making healthier products more affordable and their purchases streamlined. If you are a driven individual that thrives in fast-paced environments, values diversity and wants meaningful work that impacts the lives of many, then this is the team for you. Being part of an organization that makes healthier living easier for others leads to your life's best work.(sm)
Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get - leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Careers at Solutran®, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group®, offer a unique and exciting opportunity to create large-impact, market-leading payments, and financial technology innovations, while delivering on the mission of improving the health and wellbeing of tens of millions of Americans.
Our industry-leading S3® payments platform is integrated at 35,000+ retail locations and supports some of the largest benefits and rewards programs in the world by offering value to consumers and directing the spending of funds to approved health-enhancing products and services. This advanced technology has led to Solutran’s rapid ascent to market leadership in healthcare benefits and has broader applicability across numerous other industries.
Working within a FinTech powerhouse, Solutran team members enjoy a culture of performance and collaboration, along with the resources and technology of a Fortune 5 company that comes with being a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our teams work in close partnership with the largest and most forward-thinking companies in America including Aetna, Anthem, CVS, General Mills, Kroger, UnitedHealthcare, Walmart, Walgreens and more. Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
Solutran is seeking a well-organized, talented individual with strong self-initiative and multi-tasking skills to provide support as a Senior Business Analyst to our organization. Our employees perform well in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Our Senior Business Analysts serve as liaisons among product management, operations, client services, and product development to translate business needs into product requirements. They elicit, understand, analyze, and translate requirements into technical documentation. The individual will communicate the requirements to the project delivery team and facilitates activities through the software development lifecycle. This is an opportunity for you to have a direct impact on improving client and member experience by supporting our unique products.
- Manage assigned product(s), processes, and related performance
- Complete feature analysis, elicit, translate, and simplify requirements and turn into artifacts including functional design documents, technical requirements, use cases, developing test plans and test cases, conducting testing, overseeing training and procedural documentation, and managing implementations
- Work collaboratively with design, development, and others to ensure understanding and to gain consensus during the requirements process
- Interface with IT in developing requirements to ensure an efficient architecture and design of the final outcome
- Interface with Operations in analyzing business needs to enhance operational performance and effectiveness
- Interface with Client Service in analyzing client needs related to existing products and services
- Interface with Product Development in analyzing client needs related to new client implementations or new product initiatives
- Proactively seek and implement process improvements including analyzing data trends to identify opportunities through internal & external system/process enhancements
- Analyze product issues, perform root cause analysis, and develop effective solutions that meet end user and client business requirements
- Assist product or project manager in documenting requirements and implementing new strategic features or functionality
- Participate in or lead cross-functional product or project teams
- Identify financial, operational or compliance risks and establish controls to mitigate risks
- Support Client Service as needed during client implementations
- Support Operations Analysts in trouble-shooting complex issues and well as supporting with evening coverage
- Cross-train to support other Business Analysts with their products as needed
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university
- 3+ years of experience in a BA position or analytical role
- Experience developing software product test schedules, reviewing testing plans, tracking test issues and reporting on test results
- Proven understanding of project management and testing methodology and procedures
- Proven technical skills including database/SQL queries, workflow analysis/definition and writing technical documentation
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Detail, analytical, and results oriented skills with the ability to synthesize data to define system requirements
- Ability to conduct an analysis of a business need, including scheduling meetings, planning cross-functionally
- Ability to manage agendas and conferring multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team leader
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills
Where you will work:
- This is a hybrid position, working some days in our office in Plymouth, MN and other days remote
- This position does not require frequent travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.