Business Analyst (95084)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada's mandate that all federally-regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status, as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Business/Systems Analyst, you will provide application development solutions and services to Canadian Pacific business units. This position is required for project activity centered on the existing environments, constructed for managing data between CP’s strategic and enterprise applications through common and shared data management services and processes.
- Facilitator and liaison, bridging the gap between business & technical resources;
- Identify and analyze opportunities for improving business and systems related process, and recommends and facilities the planning and coordination of improvements;
- Prepare various documents such as business process models, higher lever user documents, etc;
- Interpret and translate customer's needs into functional and technical requirements;
- Prepare requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations;
- Define test conditions and conducts testing according to plan;
- Actively participate in review of team deliverables, contributing to the development of consistent and effective documentation that adheres to team standards and templates;
- Demonstrate well-developed communication skills. Produces effective and professional written materials including presentations to stakeholder groups;
- Manage group collaboration with business stakeholders, effectively facilitate small to medium size meetings and workshops and elicit meaningful input from all members of the group;
- Assist in identification of process strengths and weaknesses; researches and recommends areas of improvement for overall productivity and efficiency;
- Maintain a current awareness of techniques, methodologies, and standards for the project management;
- Participate in the establishment and continuous review and improvement of Business Analysis standards, procedures, and processes;
- Understand business process modeling notation and techniques, as well as process improvement methods and criteria;
- Work collaboratively with project managers, solutions architect and Business Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) by participating in process reviews and/or providing process-modeling services of current state and/or future state;
- Be a Scrum Master or Assist other Scrum Masters in scope management and planning;
- User story and product backlog management using agile tools such as JIRA.
- 5+ years BA experience;
- Experience producing and reviewing system and feature level documentation for complex initiatives;
- Experience with Business Process Management lifecycle and modeling techniques;
- Experience/Knowledge of agile methodologies and supporting tools;
- Good understanding of business and process analysis approaches and techniques;
- Ability to perform effectively and prioritize under tight deadlines with multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Ability to work well with users having varying technical understanding;
- Ability to understand technical solution and process flow at a high level;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong client/user interaction skills to elicit requirements;
- Strong initiative and problem solving skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Jira and the Microsoft suite of applications is required;
- Business Analyst Certification would an asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").