Business Analyst Consultant - Telecommute in Sacramento, CA (106784182)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Our group provides support for over 600 users of the largest Medicaid data warehouse. We collaborate on Business Intelligence (BI) analytic solutions, develop complex queries and data extracts, and bring BI trends, tools and developments to the California State healthcare administrators and research staffs. We are helping the State promote a culture of data driven decision making.
This is an entry level position, joining a team of nine program specialists. Under general supervision this position will spend time on the help desk in order to learn the business and technical aspects of our work, will support user training and function as a business analyst assisting the current team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide support and assistance to business users in retrieving, interpreting, and presenting warehouse data
- Assist the team to develop and deliver technical and subject-matter presentations and training courses
- Collaborate with the technical team to support project enhancements and change requests
- Peer review the analysis and interpretation of others work
- Review ad-hoc client and operational reports developed and presented by others
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Help Desk - Triage calls and on-line help desk requests; provide tier 1 support; coordinate and assist with tier 2 level support with appropriate staff members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s Degree in related field
- 1+ years of experience with Business Objects or similar products used to perform business intelligence and analytic reporting
- 1+ years of experience using database or data analytic tools such as Erwin, MS Access, SAS or SQL
- 1+ years of experience with Medicaid, Social Security Administration (SSA), or other health data
- 1+ years of experience defining business processes and requirements, developing and documenting solutions
- 1+ years of experience in a customer support role
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite, especially MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Presentation experience
- Experience in health care analysis, data mining, testing, and implementation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.