Senior Business Analyst - Telecommute (106770439)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Analyst for Specialty Pharmacy Management will support the Government Programs Clinical Pharmacy team in the execution of a forward-thinking, comprehensive management strategy for the utilization and reimbursement of specialty pharmaceuticals inclusive of those administered by providers within a clinical setting. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position will be accountable, provide support, build relationships, apply technical and functional skills, and deliver results. This position will report to the Vice President of Specialty Pharmacy Management and represent the Government Programs Pharmacy Organization, working across the enterprise to strengthen partnerships and drive value for the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and/or maintain clinical program reporting
- Analyze experience data of clinical programs to make recommendations for modifying existing programs
- Oversee business processes necessary to support clinical programs including process design, implementation, and maintenance
- Provide project management support for program implementations as needed
- Develop a solid understanding of the Medicare, Medicaid, and Individual & Family Plans businesses, their benefit design, and the programs developed to meet strategy goals for each line of business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of managed care experience with knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and/or Individual & Family Plans
- 3+ years developing process documentation
- 3+ years managing projects
- Immediate proficiency or higher in the suite of Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master of Business Administration degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Specialty Pharmacy Drugs with a focus on medically billed medications
- Experience with the development and deployment of process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and both accept direction and self-manage daily activities
- Solid organizational skills
- Skilled communicator with ability to adapt written and verbal communication to needs of the audience
- Ability to work both independently and within a matrixed team environment to deliver objectives within an established timeline
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.