Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute (106732979)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Business Systems Analyst, you'll have the opportunity to design, build, and test business rules to support operations and business objectives for Community and State claims processes. This is a position that affords you the ability to drive processes and improvement initiatives. By designing and building business rules to satisfy regulatory claims requirements and utilizing your sharp analytical skills to fulfill the needs of the business and/or clients, you will have an impact on healing the health care system.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review requirements for business rules with Product Manager, Product Owner, Business SMEs and/or IT and identify any additional information required for Rule Design or maintenance of existing rules in CRE, BRIDGE or other rule engine
- Rule Design
- Participate in Feature Refinement & User Story Grooming sessions
- Participate in cross functional meetings for miscellaneous project initiatives: review requirements, define requirements, troubleshoot challenges
- Participate in PI Planning
- Build Rules
- Rule Testing (Unit Testing with mocked data and production data) & Demo results
- End to End Testing Support
- Support defect resolution for any defects related to rules
- Documentation for rules or standards relative to the rule design and/or tool
- Support defect analysis for any production issues related to rules
- Support maintenance requests for updates to business rules post deployment
- Manage workload in a fast-paced environment adhering to tightly controlled processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of experience in IT related job duties
- 1+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 1+ years of SQL experience with working knowledge of relational databases and database structures and ability to write queries.
- Intermediate or higher level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- 1+ year of experience with Agile methodology
- 1+ year experience with claims processing
- Experience writing and testing business rules
- Experience with SoapUI or Postman
- Experience with ODM Decision Center
- Experience with Facets
- Experience with CRE, RedHat Drools or other rule engine
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.