Business Analyst (53907)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp [FEU].
This position is located in Pennsylvania from Erie to Montrose or from St. Marys down to Waynesboro/McConnellsburg or in Maryland or in West Virginia (Martinsburg, Berkley Springs, Augusta, Ft Ashby, Petersburg areas).
This position is responsible for supporting Work Management Consolidated Planning responsibilities and processes. Major accountabilities are ensuring standardized long range planning processes are being utilized across the Utility Operations service area; supporting operations leadership in using and understanding long range planning tools and reports; providing work prioritization plans to short term planning personnel to facilitate completion of required work by needed due dates; enabling long range planning tools to load the financial systems as a starting point for budget entries; and championing change innovation that will drive improvement and work force efficiencies. This position has accountability for supporting Work Management initiatives as well as implementing Work Management process and performance improvements.
- Preparing, publishing and/or distributing Work Management Consolidated Planning reports as needed.
- Supporting Consolidated Planning systems and process improvements for First Energy Utility Operations.
- Promoting safety and safe work practices.
- Providing storm support including off hours, weekends and holidays.
- Supporting role to management and professionals following well-defined practices; providing a consistent level of service, continuous support and proactive involvement to leadership and peers.
- Participation in the development of Work Management Consolidated Planning programs and policies.
- Recommending and developing solutions to issues and assignments.
- Supporting process improvement activities through collaboration with other Engineering departments and corporate departments; developing process improvements and efficiencies to improve Work Management Consolidated Planning functions.
- Anticipating and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Conducting business-specific research and analyzing data, interpreting results and assisting in implementation activities when necessary.
- Two or four year degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or a related discipline preferred.
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 2 years of direct, related experience will be considered.
- Advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team