Implementation Business Analyst - Telecommute (106870094)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is succeeding at helping people live healthier lives by taking a different approach to health care. OptumCare uses a common-sense approach, focused on avoiding jargon, finding more efficient ways to operate, and providing great, in-the-moment service. We provide that service by making sure serving our patients and providers is always the first priority. Each department works from the same central idea: “How does this affect the service we provide?” Because of the extreme commitment to service, OptumCare focuses on recruiting passionate employees who will take advantage of being empowered to provide the highest level of service at each and every step.
OptumCare is a network of health care providers in local markets whose mission is to help providers deliver the most effective and compassionate care to each patient they serve. OptumCare’s primary focus is on doing the right things for patients, physicians, and the community. It uses an innovative service model focused on measuring what matters and increasing efficiency and performance while providing the highest level of customer service. This model allows OptumCare to make a difference each day by delivering highly personal, customized care management to its patients.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for collecting and using data and process maps to help design solutions that result in high-quality customer-focused implementations across Optum Care Service Operations. Daily tasks include supporting new business expansion initiatives and cross-functional project teams while working hand-in-hand with strategic partners to ensure readiness for each assigned initiative. This individual will become immersed within specific knowledge areas to be able perform a variety of tasks such as gathering requirements, executing project plans, identifying risks, coordinating testing ahead of launches, and partnering with training to develop key resources for staff. To be successful in this role, the Business Analyst must be willing to think of the end user, simplify key messages, stay organized to manage multiple priorities, and bring a growth mindset to the work.
- Assist in implementation of new or expanding OptumCare businesses, adhering to timelines and project requirements
- Gather requirements to map and maintain process flows, quick reference guides, and other tools useful for the business and end users to be successful during and post-launch
- Display critical and proactive thinking by investigating current state issues and recommending innovative solutions to improve business processes
- Identify business solutions by weighing the impact of system/application changes, using appropriate tools and identifying capability gaps between current state and desired state
- Participate in reviews of conceptual designs and provide appropriate guidance/consulting to help ensure they satisfy all business requirements
- The individual in this position will be required to:
- Respond quickly to and effectively manage priorities for project requests, deliverables, and deadlines
- Be flexible and work comfortably in a dynamic setting
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of staff and leadership
- Work both independently and as part of a team to complete objectives
- Provide explanation and interpretation within area(s) of expertise
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area(s) of expertise
- Communicate effectively to ensure messages appropriately tailored to audience whether delivered verbally or in written format
- Provide high-quality internal service to other teams
- Ensure all project requirements are comprehensively documented to support traceability with reviews with stakeholders to obtain sign-off
- Translate issues identified during the testing/piloting process and engage the appropriate stakeholders to help identify impact and potential solutions
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of business or systems analyst experience
- Experience managing multiple priorities and supporting complex projects
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and navigate ambiguity to deliver quality results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Visio
- Skilled in customer/consultant relationship management and collaboration
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of document creation or visualization experience
- 2+ years of experience in systems reporting
- Health care industry experience
- Ability to influence and lead with and without direct management/authority
- Demonstrated ability to support innovation and work in a changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.