Business Systems Analyst- Fully Remote (106882093)
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
We have an opportunity for an Associate Business Analyst. This position works as a liaison between our business operations team and IT resources, and will be individually responsible for development and testing of smaller-scale solutions. Candidates should be very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and know how to use them on a higher technical level, have some experience in writing SQL in one of the major RDBMS systems, and understanding and applying intermediate level concepts in programming, scripting, and automation.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Able to manage own workload and work with minimal assistance to complete tasks
- Prioritize work according to business priority and deadlines
- Adapt in an environment with shifting priorities
- Able to understand and document business requirements and work with both non-technical and technical resources to build solutions for business problems
- Able to define and understand Use Cases of a system and build a test plan and test scenarios around them
- Able to work with Microsoft Excel in a technical capacity: Perform lookups, build pivot charts, and write macros & VBA
- Able to work with Microsoft Access in a technical capacity: Create queries, create forms, and write macros & VBA
- Understands relational database management systems and able to understand and write SQL queries for reporting or ad-hoc requests
- Able to write scripts and programs to automate tasks
- Understanding and applying intermediate level concepts in programming, scripting, and automation
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Qualifications - External
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology, or related technology field; or equivalent experience
- Advanced Excel skills in a technical capacity (creating lookups, creating reports, writing macros)
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL to pull data from relational databases
- 2+ years of experience developing in Microsoft Access databases (queries, forms, reports, VBA)
- 1+ years of experience in managing projects, writing business requirements, and creating user acceptance testi
- COVID Vaccine will be required once this role is required to return to the office
- 5+ years of experience using Excel in a technical capacity, expert level skills
- 5+ years of experience writing SQL to pull data from relational databases
- 5+ years of experience developing in Microsoft Access databases (queries, forms, reports, VBA)
- 3+ years of experience in managing projects, writing business requirements, and creating user acceptance testing
- 2+ years of experience in programming in any other programming or scripting language
- Experience in Health Insurance industry
- Knowledge of Facets application
- Experience performing data analysis and presenting to senior/executive leadership
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $54,400 to $97,00. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)