Business Analyst Consultant - Telecommute (107015644)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you're on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn't be higher. As a Business Analyst Consultant, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system. You'll analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions. Along with ground-breaking challenge, you'll have the support and resources of a Fortune 5 company. Join us.
The Optum Automation Program Team is a growing venture, passionate about automation. We support the organization through the delivery of automation solutions using existing, new and emerging technologies to enhance productivity, improve quality and reduce cost.
The Automation Sr. Business Analyst / Product Owner will be a part of the Optum Automation Program Team and has a key role in designing automated solutions for existing business processes and supports redesigning processes in line with business requirements and the organization's digital strategy.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with business partners to identify business need, project scope, perform feasibility analysis, and prioritize deliverables
- Define the need and primary objectives, develop and document business requirements to ensure clients' needs are captured and delivered (e.g. use case-based Business Requirements Documents with evidence demonstrating competence writing unique, code-able, testable business requirements; user stories Requirements Traceability Matrix)
- Collaborate with Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Architects, Business Partners and other Technology teams to ensure requirements and design are completely understood
- Assist in quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test scripts, executing test cases and documenting defects (e.g. test case development; active participation and oral communication through defect triaging, use of application lifecycle management tools through code promotion)
- Participate in all Software Development and/or Agile ceremonies (standup, sprint planning, retrospective, release planning)
- Manage delivery and project plans in line with agreed standards and/or Service Level Agreements
- Identify opportunities and integrations with other process automation tools as appropriate
- Ensure that deliverables meet agreed-upon standards for quality and non-functional requirements, and that the products meet the stated business need
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, business analysts, developers, testers and others to build and execute against Product Roadmaps and Release Plans
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the Product Backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria, assess impact of defects including providing key input on decisions
- Communicate progress, status, risks and issues regularly with Automation Engagement Director, partners and stakeholders. Problem solve issues and provide timely responses and solutions
- Maintain accurate and detailed information within Jira and other reporting tools
- Other duties, as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- 2+ years of experience gathering and working through business requirements with end users
- 2+ years of experience and understanding of workflow-based logic and conceptualize it as an automated solution
- 2+ years of experience in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- 2+ years of experience interacting with business SMEs on behalf of project teams
- Experience successfully managing multiple activities, assess priorities and achieve solutions under tight deadlines for themselves
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to provide clear explanations and overviews to others (internal and external) of their work efforts
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of experience working on BPM, Automation, RPA projects
- Experience with RPA software implementation (UI Path / Blue Prism)
- Experience in all phases of Agile, Scrum, and other Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience with the following tools/applications: SAS, SQL, Tableau, JIRA, CA Agile
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Industry
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.