Business Analyst - Telecommute (106935863)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
On the one hand, no industry is moving faster than health care. On the other, no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than Optum and UnitedHealth Group. Our goal is simple. Use data and technology in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone.
Optum Digital is the delivery arm for Optum and UHC. Driving seamlessly connected digital experiences across consumer touchpoints for UHC member experiences. As a member of the Optum Digital Product team you will work with colleagues within the Product, Program, and IT teams to deliver highly visible, member-facing features. The colleagues within the program serve all lines of business and work closely with others to ensure high quality deliverables, on time, and adding tangible value.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead or contribute to the definition, prioritization and delivery of program or project initiatives in consultation with applicable stakeholders
- Participate in PI planning for impacted development teams
- Establish alignment with Program level cadences
- Encourage and facilitate cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on initiative progress and quality
- Manage variance and exception projects: track progress, audits, gates, testing, and communicate status/dependencies/risks across multiple teams. Manage schedule and task tracking system and ensure it accurately reflects ongoing work
- Ensure necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve difficulties which may impede progress or compromise achievement scheduled deliveries
- Set tone and support high team morale. Drive and maintain culture of transparency in all communication and reporting.
- Facilitate program level processes and execution, driving continuous development
- Helping to track features and capabilities throughout development
- Communicating and collaborating with product and solution management, product owners and stakeholders to guarantee the alignment of strategy and execution
- Provide quality assurance and support of Programs/Products as assigned
- Lead and facilitate the coordination of user acceptance testing efforts and defect resolution
- Collaborate with business partners to develop process documentation, requirements, and timelines
- Provide analysis and dissemination of complex concepts
- Support Program/Product Development through the creation of business requirements, testing acceptance criteria and documentation
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical development teams
- Solve complex problems and/or conduct complex analysis
This role will challenge your ability to work on complex projects where deadlines and scope shift frequently. You’ll need flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining Solid relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of experience with various project methods (Agile, Waterfall, hybrid)
- 2+ years of project management experience using data and information to make business decisions
- Experience systematically analyzing problems, drawing relevant conclusions, and devising appropriate courses of action
- Experience working with engineering organizations
- Experience overseeing cross-functional project teams in a matrixed environment
- Digital product experience
- Healthcare insurance industry
- Familiarity / working experience with tools (e.g. Aha!, CA Agile, Jira, Clarity) used to manage/monitor Agile like features, user stories, throughput, velocity
- Excellent communication skills with a customer driven focus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to ever changing priorities
- A passion for and commitment to a consumer and client driven culture
- Comfortable supporting complex projects and less structured tasks
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing on technical topics
- Solid conflict resolution and resource development skills, focusing on encouraging self-management of resources
- Adept at adjusting to changing circumstances quickly and professionally
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.