Clinical Business Analyst San Antonio TX (107117440)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Clinical Business Analyst delivers solutions to complex business problems with consideration to business need and the capacity and limitation of associated business systems, evaluating system changes for downstream impact. This position consults on the development, specification and integration of WellMed’s enterprise analytic tools and reporting systems and will analyze business needs, document requirements, translate needs into functional and / or technical specifications, write and execute test cases and plans, and oversee testing processes.
This role requires 50% travel within the Greater Texas Area (including Austin, El Paso, Corpus Christi, the Rio Grande Valley) and New Mexico.
- Defines project scope and objectives based on business unit needs combined with a thorough understanding of enterprise business systems and industry requirements
- Performs a key role in the development and implementation of enterprise-wide analytic tools and reporting systems. This role may interface with multiple business units such as accounting / finance, claims, operations, physician clinics, customer service, executive management, and sales and marketing
- Serves as an expert resource regarding the alignment of enterprise analytic tools and reporting system strategies with the business goals and strategic drivers
- Applies knowledge of managed care operating environment and underlying systems data to all major production systems used for delivery of reporting services to internal and external clients
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal/externals customers at the senior management and executive level in order to influence project teams and gain consensus on the selection of the most viable solutions. The position acts as a key team member to both IT and the assigned business unit
- Uses strong critical thinking skills along with managed care, or physician office business knowledge to have insight and understanding of business concepts, tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the contact of the company’s business
- Performs quality assurance application testing to include: validation of design to business requirements, writing test plans, conducting functional and performance testing to include application and system integration testing
- Tracks progress and notifies management of issues that require escalation, and assists with resolving or coordinating the resolution of system and process issues
- Develops and maintains project plans, and manages specific tasks to ensure project success
- Collaborates on and oversees various projects as assigned that are cross-functional in nature
- Provides project task level assistance to Developers, Business System Analysts, and Sr. Business System Analysts on a project specific basis
- Leads or assists in the development of IT communication and business training materials, processes, and procedures related to reporting packages and reporting systems
- Conducts training sessions and serves as an IT subject matter resource for medical directors, providers, clinical staff, and support staff in areas related to reporting
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (4+ years of additional comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of experience working in a healthcare industry or clinical environment
- 3+ years of experience conducting training sessions for new products or systems
- 3+ years of experience working with an Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software platform, preferably eClinical Works (eCW)
- Project coordination experience
- Strong writing skills with ability to generate professional communications and training material
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, conduct root cause analysis, draw relevant conclusions and recommend/implement appropriate courses of action
- Strong Microsoft Office skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 4+ years of experience in systems design and database work or experience implementing and supporting third party applications
- HEDIS/STAR experience
- Experience with major systems implementation
- Informatics or data analytics experience
- Desktop experience
- Familiarity with multiple system development lifecycles (SDLCs)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.